Thread: Distinctively visual - misto's the shoe horn sonata related text

HSC

Distinctively visual - misto's the shoe horn sonata related text

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP! I have a speech due on the 8th April 2014 and i need a related text for TSHS. Any Ideas?

Should i change my DP? Drifting95's Avatar
    HSC

Re: Distinctively visual - misto's the shoe horn sonata related text

NOT paradise road, unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot.
    UNSW- B Commerce/Law

$15 Band 6 Notes- Economics, Business Studies & CAFS http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=316614

Essay Marking services: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...7-25-atar.html

Economics & Business studies Tutoring:http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post6515389

HSC

thanks but that doesn't help.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

I know the focus is on distinctively visual, so that any texts with especially effective visuals can be used, but the most successful ones are often those that you can link to either the techniques and/or the main ideas in the prescribed text. For this reason, texts which have connections to ideas such as friendship, courage, resilience the brutality of war and/or the dishonesty of those in power are useful since these are focuses in "Shoe-Horn". A few visual texts which have at least 2 of these concepts include "Beneath Hill 60", "Gallipoli", "The Nuremburg Trials" and "Munich." You make make strong associations through the theme(s) with specific textual references as to where these are seen as well as HOW the ideas are revealed through distinctively visual features, such as camera work, lighting and special effects in the film as well as lighting, symbolism, and the photographs in the play. Don't forget that the sounds (music+dialogue) help the audiences to imagine the experiences of the speakers-to VISUALISE what each is saying-so these techniques can be discussed as supporting the more obvious visual techniques that are usually mentioned. All the best.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Sorry, just thought of a few more. Picture books can work quite well as long as you analyse them thoroughly (2-3 openings in depth), especially if you are artistic/creative. Suggestions include "The Rabbits",(Tan/Marsden) "Home and Away" (Ottley) and "Memorial", which all look at the idea of the powerful and conflict and the impact on victims; paintings about horrific situations, like Picasso's "Guernica" can have some interesting links to "Shoe-Horn" and video clips with songs about war or conflict of any kind, like "I was Only 19" or "And the Band Played Walzing Mathilda" give you a chance to discuss the techniques used in the clips as well as the lyrics to the songs. Some of these are reasonably common, but if you understand them and have an enthusiasm for what you are talking about, it doesn't matter if others have the same texts. Again, all the best. Hope this helps.

Should i change my DP? Drifting95's Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by MoniqueS96 View Post
    thanks but that doesn't help.
    wow...

I hope you didn't come on here expecting people to do your whole assignment.
    UNSW- B Commerce/Law

$15 Band 6 Notes- Economics, Business Studies & CAFS http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=316614

Essay Marking services: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...7-25-atar.html

Economics & Business studies Tutoring:http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post6515389

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting95 View Post
    wow...

I hope you didn't come on here expecting people to do your whole assignment.
    i didn't but you just didn't help at all you said to not use a material. and btw no one would buy someones notes as that constitutes as breach of bos rules

HSC
    N/A

check your PM see if I can help you

HSC

How could I link Guernica to Shoehorn? What themes should I be looking for?

Thread Information