Are these good related texts for the Shoe Horn Sonata? (1 Viewer)

epotolesmata

HSC
I was thinking of using
- Bridesmaids
- Mean Girls
- Up for any ideas

HSC
N/A
The important thing to remember for the related texts is that you want to show the markers how well you understand the ideas about distinctively visual, such as how images help to make the meaning that the composer wants to reveal and how effective those images are. The choice of texts isn't as important as what you do with them. What can you say, for example, about a scene in "Mean Girls" that helps you to discuss how the lighting, dialogue, colours, editing, music, allow the viewers to see the relationships between the girls and the mood of that section? Don't try to do a whole movie-just select a scene or two to discuss, otherwise you will spend too much time filling in the plot. Think about other visual texts too, like advertisements and picture books, because they often have to get their point across in a short time and catch attention instantly. A public service ad for quitting smoking or not drinking and driving has some pretty graphic images you can talk about with similar techniques to the play, like a serious tone and effective lighting. World War 2 posters often used emotive language and frightening drawings to try to persuade their target audiences about the dangers of gossip or not being prepared. Choose a couple of main ideas from "Shoe-Horn", like the violence in war or the importance of friendship and support and see if you can find some texts where these might also be significant. There are plenty of films like "Gallipoli", "Hill 69" or "Kokoda" which also have these ideas and present them in interesting visual ways. Your related texts don't have to be about war, of course, but most films have conflict in them-like "The Hunger Games" or "The Matrix." Many of these illustrate the same kind of ideas as 'Shoe-Horn" about supporting others, the false pride of governments or ruling bodies and the consequences of those who use power wrongly. I hope this has helped. I know I rave on a bit, but, honestly, find related texts which have something special (distinctive) about the images they use to make their point! That's the focus! All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)