Witness Lecture (Speech?) (1 Viewer)

Defying

HSC
I'm currently working on a Speech/Lecture on Witness. Here's the Question:
Imagine you have to give a lecture to Year 12 students who are studying the text Witness for their HSC. You have been directed to explain how the film techniques are used in the text in order to convey meaning through the themes.

I understand the question, but I don't know how to structure the lecture. I've been hearing rumours that you'll be marked down if you don't structure the speech like an essay. Which confuses me because how am I meant to present it? :frown2:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Write an essay to address the question

Intro (start with something to instantly engage the audience e.g. use a verb such as "Imagine you are ___", outline the text (witness) and one sentence of what the text explores, then perhaps state your aim e.g. "therefore, members of the audience, the purpose of my speech is to ____")
Body - use quote, technique, effect, remember to regularly include the audience somehow
Conclusion

Then incorporate speech like features into your essay
e.g. rhetorical questions, personal pronouns, frequently address the audience, etc

What you want to do is make it interesting so you can stand out!

You also need lots of eye contact, memorise your speech to the best of your ability so you're not tempted to look at your palm cards if you don't need to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)