Desperate Pleas for Related Text for ET!! Urgent! (1 Viewer)

paige_67

HSC
Hi all, I'm currently doing Exploring Transitions and our prescribed is Billy Elliot.
We have an assignment due soon and our teacher needs us to have a related text by Monday.
Normally I don't have too much trouble finding a RT but I have no ideas what so ever, and everything I've found is either horrible (don't like it, doesn't make sense ect...) or I can't find a link to transition.
So I'm calling out a desperate plea for help from fellow students or teachers who may have any idea what so ever of any texts (however my teacher doesn't want our RT to be film) or some good links to websites that may help.
Please help me out!

paige_67

HSC
Billy Elliot is set in the 80s in England during the 84 Miners Strike. It's about a young boy who loves to dance, but his father and his brother feel that if he does, everyone will think he is homosexual. He defies them all though and his main transition is from conformity to individual expression. Other transitions include childhood to adulthood, intolerance to acceptance, exploration of sexuality ect. It's very much a coming of age film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)