Romanticism creative writing URGENT HELP PLEASE (1 Viewer)

stepphhh

HSC
I have my extension trial tomorrow :l
I've been trying to do creative writing and keep getting halfway through with pleasant enough descriptions then realize i have no point or the point im working up to something that is way too dramatic, does anyone have any advice or tips, im absolutely desperate!!
Or if you have any practice stimulus material that would help, I'm just having alot of trouble with plot ideas, writing descriptively in the era is fine...but what to write about is the real issue.
I know this is last minute but any advice would be SO appreciated!

ixswans

HSC
Work through it keeping in mind the context in which Romanticism was placed. It was a reaction to the Enlightenment of which the 'cog in the system' philosophy was influential. Romanticism is a celebration of the individual, the ordinary (extraordinary?).

Think about maybe incorporating in it a challenge to Romantic beliefs and go from there. You can't have an ideology sprout from nowhere and begin a story.. JUSTIFY!

Northanger has Udolpho, Wuthering Heights had a critique of the way children are educated/brought up, Coleridge has a journey in so many of his poems (Lime Tree, The Mariner) that shows the transition from other ideology to Romantic ideology.

I hope that made sense :)

stepphhh

HSC
yeah it did make sense thanks i appreciate it :) hopefully i will have a romantic epiphony in response to the stimulus lol :p but yeh that is good advice to do something based upon a challenge to romantic beleif, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)