Help me!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Gahhhhhhhhh

I got uai of 67.95....i need a uai of 78.05 to get course i want...but even with 10 EAS bonus points i only get 77.95 considered...does that mean it is impossible for me to get into the course with the uai i have?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It depends on the university, hopefully the uai goes down slightly due to the abolishment of full fee places. You might want to contact the universities admissions department, some review EAS applicant's individually, etc.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
You should have just done more work.

no, not impossible you could still get a late round offer.

the entrance requirements may lower slightly which is quite possible given the size of this years candidature.

at the end of the day you're one of the ones who will have to wait around with it hanging on your mind until January when the course offers are out.

cxlxoxk

HSC
i couldn't have done more work =( for the examinations anyway...the internals...maybe...but i had been distracted...=( which is really gay.

So i'm content with results, but not content with UAI.

---

would writing a formal letter the the uni with the course, saying, i really want to be able to do that course for its location and because it's what i want to do in life etc... do anything?

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you could have, stop trying to justify your situation by sidelining the blame.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Hagaren said:
you could have, stop trying to justify your situation by sidelining the blame.

fyi, u don't know about my situation...i've been moderately deaf in both ears my whole life, that means i've had to put all my effort into reading textbooks, because, hearing teachers could be unreliable, i may miss words. i've been subject to bullying, people screaming in my ear like i'm can't hear what they are saying....when i really young, i had a speech impediment, and couldn't say words with r's or s's according to my mum.

i know i could've put more work into internal assessments (school work).

i appreciate you saying this:

at the end of the day you're one of the ones who will have to wait around with it hanging on your mind until January when the course offers are out.
that really helped!

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Wow, what a cheery thread. I'd try anything - such as writing letters to Uni's - to try and gain entry to your course, if you're really set on it. Best of luck..

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
wait, if you're getting 10 UAI added on, are we talking about UWS here?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
fyi, u don't know about my situation...i've been moderately deaf in both ears my whole life, that means i've had to put all my effort into reading textbooks, because, hearing teachers could be unreliable, i may miss words. i've been subject to bullying, people screaming in my ear like i'm can't hear what they are saying....when i really young, i had a speech impediment, and couldn't say words with r's or s's according to my mum.

i know i could've put more work into internal assessments (school work).

i appreciate you saying this:

that really helped!

meningitis at 18 months old. completely regressed (had to learn to walk, crawl, chew all over again). supposed learning difficulties. moderate deafness in both ears (it's rather substantial in one). have not ever complained about it.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Hagaren said:
meningitis at 18 months old. completely regressed (had to learn to walk, crawl, chew all over again). supposed learning difficulties. moderate deafness in both ears (it's rather substantial in one). have not ever complained about it.

i cbb to go over my whole medical record, i had many more problems like breathing difficulties (bronchitis) etc. but yeah, disadvantages early in life/throughout life suck =( but i try not to complain, its just 0.10 uai could mean the difference between me getting in the course or not and i'm worried!

at the same time, i feel what others with disadvantages are going through!

---

i can already get into the UWS courses i would want with EAS (if they use it)...but it's not UWS i want to go to...it's UTS...does UTS consider EAS??? or not. cos if not i have no chance...

Last edited:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
bell531 said:
Wow, what a cheery thread. I'd try anything - such as writing letters to Uni's - to try and gain entry to your course, if you're really set on it. Best of luck..
haha ohh DB bell and his fantastic advice

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
just wait it out man, but in the mean time feel free to pursue whatever you feel will help (write letters what not) the worst they'll do is ignore them which only takes you back to where you are now.

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
Hagaren said:
just wait it out man, but in the mean time feel free to pursue whatever you feel will help (write letters what not) the worst they'll do is ignore them which only takes you back to where you are now.
shutup!
i have heard heaps of stories where people have gone in personally to speak to the deans and they have been accepted... show them ur keen

sjet

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
Gahhhhhhhhh

I got uai of 67.95....i need a uai of 78.05 to get course i want...but even with 10 EAS bonus points i only get 77.95 considered...does that mean it is impossible for me to get into the course with the uai i have?
I know someone who had 71.75 and got into a course with cut off 80 - without bonus points. She thinks its because she got 4 band 5's in subjects relevant to the course she wanted to do. If the uni can't fill all places for a course, they look at other candidates' actual HSC marks per subject. Put your course in as first preference, you may be surprised. AND the cut-off may be lower this year for that course.

Heapsgood-3

HSC
Hagaren said:
well ur complaining bout it now aren't you!:rofl:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sjet said:
I know someone who had 71.75 and got into a course with cut off 80 - without bonus points. She thinks its because she got 4 band 5's in subjects relevant to the course she wanted to do. If the uni can't fill all places for a course, they look at other candidates' actual HSC marks per subject. Put your course in as first preference, you may be surprised. AND the cut-off may be lower this year for that course.
A few universities do this with a select few courses only. This is something that you really must discuss with the uni in relation to the particular course you want to do.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Should i give the Uni, my UAC Application number in a letter to them (begging for an interview), or do they already know it, if i give them my name?

This the last thing i need to know!

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
Should i give the Uni, my UAC Application number in a letter to them (begging for an interview), or do they already know it, if i give them my name?

This the last thing i need to know!
do both.
goodluck man
hope you get it =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)