Historical investigation (1 Viewer)

Dementured

HSC
My class and I are just starting our historical investigations, and the question i've chosen to investigate is "During the 1990 Yugoslav wars, was the media depiction of Slobodan Milosevic politically biased?" I'm wondering what information I should be looking for, possibly newspaper articles and propaganda? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

chrisman9519

HSC
yes of course media is biased. that is a poor question. also what you are doing is basically a massive source analysis which is rly boring. choose another question fast, and make it about the actual events rather than media bias.

i guess that kind of question may be possible when investigating a major war, but with such an insignificant conflict, not only will it be boring for the teacher to read, but it will be hell to write.
most of that stuff won't be in english as well, so that will be really hard unless you speak that language.

i just did a historical investigation on the american prohibition and organised crime. i chose that coz its interesting to write, research and read, sources are plentiful and i can break it up into distinct arguments. if u want me to email u mine, just pm me about it. i know people who chose obscure topics like yours and they found it very difficult.

i guess if it is REALLY too late to change (due in a week) you should go to the state library or fisher library to collect sources. in addition you could go on to google books/scholar.

but if you have time to change, do something else. also with stuff like that, you have to give quite a bit of background info. with a mainstream topic, you can go into a lot of depth and it can be very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)