Can you check to see if the sub-questions and focus question link? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
I scrapped the French Revolution thing and went for Chairman Mao as I previously wanted and my teacher checked over it and gave it the all clear during the first month so yeah, but now I see it and it doesn't really seem to link to well.

Focus question- Assess the achievements of Chairman Mao
Sub-questions:
- What were his motives?
- What was early life like for him?
- What were the reasons behind the cultural revolution?
- How did other countries react to him?

I feel like I can't link the sub-questions into my essay about Mao's achievements, as in, I don't know where in the essay to include his background etc. The layout and such. If you can tweak it or reword some things, that would be great or give me the all clear to go on without too much worry.

Kittikhun

HSC
I don't see much wrong with your sub-questions. What achievements of Chairman Mao are you going to talk about (sorry, I don't know much about Mao. Apparently, he had one testicle though if what is said on 'QI' is to be believed)? Personally, I would structure an essay like yours as follows-

intro-State your thesis, talk about Mao in a nutshell, and then outline the content of your essay
P1-talk about achievement one, and then go on about his motives for it (maybe it had something to do with his early life or education), and then assess in depth the achievement, with the reactions of other countries to it if it permits so and if you wish so.
P2- same as P1 and so on.
concluding paragraph- re-outline the content of the essay and then emphasise your assessment of Mao's achievements

I think a structure like that should be cool as it involves you answering your sub-questions whilst linking it with his achievements.

Last edited:

ShadowLighte

HSC
Thank you for the reply, good thing I checked this as it helped change my questions around and make things clearer for me ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)