Time management help!! (1 Viewer)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hey guys,
I have a question...I have my exams starting on Monday and its modern history. It includes:
Romanovs:
- Part A
-Part B

Meiji restoration
-part a
-part b

core study
WWI sources

I'm not really sure how long I should spend on each part a and b and the core. The exam is 2 hours so if you guys know that would be great!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Assuming that it is 75 marks it is 8 minutes per 5 marks - so 16 minutes for the part As and 24 minutes for the Part Bs as you have 40 minutes for each section.

You may save some time on the Core but not much - maybe 5 minutes meaning an extra minute for each Part A and Part B.

alyssaajadee

HSC
I have my modern exam next monday and ours is 2 hours but we are only covering WW1 as we have done assessments and test for our other topics.

i believe it's been broken down into:
- 15 multiple choice'
- 3 x 10 markers
- 1 x 20 mark essay

I intend on doing the essay first and maybe spend around 40 mins on which generally is what you should spend on your hsc essays anyway.. Depending on what you do in your reading time but i do my multiple choice by indenting the answer with my nail so it shouldn't take long at all... I will spend maybe an hour on the 10 markers. With that i should have about 10 - 15 mins remaining...

Just remember don't spend too much time on short answers and get your essays out of the way first as they are the most marks !

Good luck !

deloving

HSC
I have my modern exam next monday and ours is 2 hours but we are only covering WW1 as we have done assessments and test for our other topics.

i believe it's been broken down into:
- 15 multiple choice'
- 3 x 10 markers
- 1 x 20 mark essay

I intend on doing the essay first and maybe spend around 40 mins on which generally is what you should spend on your hsc essays anyway.. Depending on what you do in your reading time but i do my multiple choice by indenting the answer with my nail so it shouldn't take long at all... I will spend maybe an hour on the 10 markers. With that i should have about 10 - 15 mins remaining...

Just remember don't spend too much time on short answers and get your essays out of the way first as they are the most marks !

Good luck !
Marking the answers with your nail. Convenient. I would really suggest going through all the sources in your reading time however. Personal preference here, but I do prefer to do the multiple choice first. It's like a brainstorm which enlightens some ideas for your extended responses/essays. And also the sources provided might be useful in the essay, so I always get a good look at them first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)