Need help with an essay question (1 Viewer)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Hi all, I've got an essay with the question, 'Assess the actions of your selected personality. In your answer refer/compare the opinions of at least TWO academic historians'. I'm doing Joseph Stalin and there is a ton of information on him, that's not a problem. The only problem is that my essays constantly transform into narratives and the style of this question has caused me to establish just that. How can I approach this essay properly?

This is a small extract in which I think I'm doing it wrong.
________
Coinciding with his contempt towards normal human principles aforementioned, Stalin planned to transform Russia and its extremely weak USSR into a world power. To achieve this, he forced all the peasants to move from their small farms into giant mechanized collective farms which outputted tremendously although at the cost of many human lives. He executed anyone attempting to object, more specifically, the Kusaks which revealed his denialist agenda as he did not admit to such blatant acts as shown by the quote [].

This was accompanied by a forced modification to society; Stalin’s cult of personality. This was a large propagandist move used to shape the population’s views towards Stalin and ultimately set his rank as a god. Historical documents were omitted and modified which presented Stalin as the original authority of the USSR.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Make judgements in each of your paragraphs for what he did. Don't directly link the previous paragraph to the next one.

FlyingKanga

HSC
I've tried to make a judgement for each but they barely make up one or two sentences and retelling still dominates the paragraph. I directly linked it because I thought that's how PEEL works. ^>^

enoilgam

HSC
Have a look through my essay guide (a link is in my sig). Check out the sections on body paragraphs and PEEEL, as this should help you structure the information so that it addresses the question.

FlyingKanga

HSC
Erm, well I've finished the essay. Is anyone able to skim through and criticize it? I asked my MH teacher and he said it was good but didn't tell me where improvements can be made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)