UMAT Mewdentry Workshop (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Not sure where to put this thread. But is anyone going to the UMAT medentry workshop during 18-19 January?

future-doctor

HSC
UMAT Medentry Workshop is in January? aaaah crap where the hell is my career advisor! Is there any workshops later in the year?

ValentinesM

HSC
UMAT Medentry Workshop is in January? aaaah crap where the hell is my career advisor! Is there any workshops later in the year?
medentry workshops tend to run several sessions every year, especially during the holidays. check Medentry website for confirmation. btw, it's slightly cheaper to go with a group.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ACER doesn't recommend UMAT preparation courses. Also, the "UMAT-style questions" could be fake.
The questions are quite similar. How would you know if you've never been to a course before? :rolleyes:

That being said, the courses themselves are total bullshit. All you need are the past papers.

mtsmahia

HSC
The questions are quite similar. How would you know if you've never been to a course before? :rolleyes:

That being said, the courses themselves are total bullshit. All you need are the past papers.
completely agree... i just did the course... and they clearly say that u cant "learn" and ace the UMAT.... u have to "develop your analytical skills"--- through Q's ie Practice Papers.. U need to practice

According to our lecturer, the workshop is only worth 35% of the total sum u pay LOL !!

fatmike93

HSC
hey im about to book in for April school hols...

why don't you think its worth it? i mean surely they teach you how to approach the questions, how to think, etc.? is doing all the past papers alone enough?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I reckon doing the papers alone is more than enough. But at Medentry, I don't think you can just get the questions, so you might as well go along to the course.

I don't think I actually learnt anything at the workshop....

Schoey93

HSC
hey im about to book in for April school hols...

why don't you think its worth it? i mean surely they teach you how to approach the questions, how to think, etc.? is doing all the past papers alone enough?
No they do not teach you how to think. No one can help you if you do not know how to think at you age.

Schoey93

HSC
I reckon doing the papers alone is more than enough. But at Medentry, I don't think you can just get the questions, so you might as well go along to the course.

I don't think I actually learnt anything at the workshop....
How do you get UMAT past papers when ACER doesn't release them?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How do you get UMAT past papers when ACER doesn't release them?
ACER sell some booklets when you apply for UMAT. All candidates are given the opportunity to purchase these booklets.

ruchira2122

HSC
i went to the medentry workshop on the 16-17th :D

this is probably asked before... but are the drills and the past papers on the medentry site similar to the actual UMAT? thanks beforehand

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I almost fell asleep in the UMAT workshop today. I'm so going to fail the Trial UMAT exam tomorrow. Haven't done any practice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)