Which Medium Scores Better With Markers (1 Viewer)

porquoispas

HSC
i was just wondering whether major works in the video medium tend to get marks as good as those of short stories and critical analysis. I don't know, i get the impression that it is really hard for a video to get over 47.. I might be wrong..

Also, just curious.. Who do you think has it easier.. people who are writing (stories, critiques, poetry) or the film people.. Please comment..

ANYWAY I AM SOO GLAD THIS SHIT IS OVER!

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
i don't think you'd have the same people marking the short stories/etc. as you'd have marking the films, so the standards are probably different. whether you find something easy or not will also depend on the criteria - what you're required to do - and your personal ability and interests.

Lachlandavis

HSC
I think it's more to do with origionality. Heaps of people do stories and poetry. The numbers of multimedia works they get would be a lot lower so if its done well it would probably score well. I watched an animation that got top band, and the actual quality of the animation was rubbish. But the message behind the story was good.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
^^ Poetry literally has about 10-50 people doing it, it's not very popular

But yeah, I don't know if there's a particular medium that does better... markers try and access the full range of marks, I guess thats why you get such a range in short stories.

But yeah, interesting question, not sure... reflection statement is so important too remember, every medium has that :)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
With the marking - my English teacher is an Ex2 marker and if I remember her correctly, all the markers will mark short stories first (as this is by far the most popular medium) to gauge the general standard of the group. And then they differentiate and mark different mediums. Apparently there's always heavy competition to get the short film category - everyone wants to watch DVDs :).

They don't favour a specific medium but they do like the originality so if you're, say, getting your major themes and inspiration from poetry and then writing a poetry suite you have to be more careful. But I know that there've been people in previous grades from my school who've gotten 49s for film - it's definitely possible.

Zephyrio

HSC
Rebekkie said:
i don't think they differentiate that way. but short stories are the most popular form... so maybe they're marked more harshly to proportionately have the same no of people in each band?
I doubt that this would be the case, because it would be unfair to a short story to have otherwise scored the top band, to acheive E3. Likewise, it would be unfair for a suite of poems to receive the top band when it would have achieved E3.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
The medium you will do the best in, is the one you have the most passion for.

Do that one and no other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)