In Hindsight...? (1 Viewer)

Hysterik

HSC
It's been a month and two days since that fateful day when we gave away our wonderful little projects... how do you feel about your work now? What have friends/family thought of it? Have you got any feedback? Is there anything you desperately wish you could change?

not.addie

HSC
Oh gosh I remember that day, I think everyone here stayed up the whole night bull crapping some parts of their journal.
Looking back at it now, I wish that I had been productive the whole year...it would have made everything so much easier. I cringe about some of the stuff that I had written, other times I'm pleased and every once in a while I wish that I had added in something else or extra. But overall? I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a good mark or not, but this was good for a personal release- like a break from all the other subjects, so it the overall mark doesn't really matter to me.
My parents read it and they really liked it. I sent it to the family overseas, and it got forwarded over there from one person to another. Unfortunately one of my evil aunt's began to read it as well...I forgot that I called her a bitch and referred to her as a cow in one of the chapter's. So it's been a bit awkward there, but so far its been good feedback, i think?

Jezzakar

HSC
ive chosen to act like it never happened. i doubt i will be able to read it again in the next 5 years for fear of finding something i could have done better.

lucidassembly

HSC
Jezzakar said:
ive chosen to act like it never happened. i doubt i will be able to read it again in the next 5 years for fear of finding something i could have done better.
That pretty much describes me too. Haven't looked at my major work, haven't opened my 'Ext 2 work' folder, and I really don't intend to. It'll probably be at least another 10 years until I can re-read it and not literally beat myself over the head for every wrongly chosen word or misused comma.

HSC
I just had a screening at AFTRS with a couple of other people, too an audience of about 120 people. With friends, family, cast & crew from all our films & we all got really really good responses so I'm really happy with how my major work turned out... But having read my reflection statement recently I kinda wish I had started it earlier then two nights before it was due :( Oh well. Hopefully my rs won't defer me too much.

snowconesyum

HSC
haha i keep rereading mine as procrastination... plus recycling it for other english creative writing tasks ;) journeys on friday, HOPEFULLY i can use part of it :p

i've gotten really different responses - some ppl are like 'it's good' clearly thinking 'whatever' (u know that lukewarm response which means they're just being nice) and on the other hand i've had a teacher who was like to me, thank you for that, it was such a gift to her :) so im really happy that it's meant something to someone else, not just me.

kelsey91

HSC
Does anyone know when we get them back?

I love mine. I will, however, love all my of schoolwork even more on the 13th of November when I come home from my last exam and cast it all into the bin :)

Hysterik

HSC
kelsey91 said:
Does anyone know when we get them back?

I love mine. I will, however, love all my of schoolwork even more on the 13th of November when I come home from my last exam and cast it all into the bin :)
I don't think we ever get them back. We never find out why we got that 42 as opposed to a 47. We get our mark the 17th of December and that is all.

Though nominations for the showcase come out next month. Even though I know I won't be in it, I'll still be upset when the letter doesn't arrive in my letterbox...

MadamGuilia

HSC
Hysterik said:
I don't think we ever get them back. We never find out why we got that 42 as opposed to a 47. We get our mark the 17th of December and that is all.

Though nominations for the showcase come out next month. Even though I know I won't be in it, I'll still be upset when the letter doesn't arrive in my letterbox...
Agreed. I would love to get that letter, but it ain't going to happen :( It's a nice thought nevertheless! :D

MadamGuilia

HSC
Hysterik said:

I'm back again... BUT YOU SAY YOU'RE EQUAL TO 99.fgjdfkljlkfjg

Arrrrrrrghhhh what is it with smartie pants', you've got the prospect, what are you unsure about!!!! LOL. CRAZY!

Hysterik

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
I'm back again... BUT YOU SAY YOU'RE EQUAL TO 99.fgjdfkljlkfjg

Arrrrrrrghhhh what is it with smartie pants', you've got the prospect, what are you unsure about!!!! LOL. CRAZY!
I'm kinda joking in my sig. I doubt I'll get anywhere near that!

My tutor told me last week that they've already marked them! :uhoh: I'm freaking out a little.

HSC
Nah, no comments. You do get them back, though... I wish they had comments I thrive on them! I haven't looked at mine since... felt like I gave away a part of me when I handed it in!
I would be freaking over the moon if I got nominated for showcase. Massively doubt it though! Who nominates you?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
-WaxingLyrical- said:
My main regret has to do with my use of Afrikaans in my MW - at the time, the editor that reviewed my work told me to include Afrikaans to help create the setting. Now, it just looks stupid.
I think i remember reading yours.
And i liked the Afrikaans!

(sorry if i'm completely wrong and you never posted it, but i faintly remember it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)