E4 cut off/Raw mark: 39/50 (1 Viewer)

jtgrant1995

HSC
Hi,
Okay, I was extremely devastated with my Extension Two raw mark of 39/50. The break down was:

7/10 Viva (low: 6 | high:9)
17/20 Research report (low:14 | high: 18)
19/25 [15/20 story, 4/5 R. Statement] (low: 13 | high 22)

My school does get scaled up generally but I was really upset because now I don't think I can now get an E4 and it's imperative that I get an ATAR of 97+. I now fear that I have jeopardised this. I am a devoted student and the feedback that I got was very constructive and I will definitely make the changes.

I am just wondering if now an E4 is unachievable... and if it's not, what I'd need to get to obtain an E4!

Thanks a lot,
JTGrant1995

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Provided you are decently strong in your other subjects, a high E3 in EE2 can easily contribute to a 97+ ATAR.

Also do well externally in your MW+RS and you can still get an E4. Get feedback on why you lost marks on your draft and POLISH, POLISH, POLISH.

ClaraZH

HSC
Extension 2 is more subjective than any other HSC subject, so your rank probably won't actually be affected too badly. My teacher once had a student ranked last for their assessment mark who ended up getting into Showcase. Your marks are excessively dependent on the marker, that's why they have to be double and triple marked. So don't worry too much about your assessment mark. Just edit and refine as much as you possibly can, if the work is good enough you'll do well no matter what your assessment score originally was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)