What is Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

ghuy

HSC
Hi everyone,

I plan on doing Ext 2 next year and this might sound like a silly question, but can someone please give me an overview of Eng Ext 2, my school hasn't mentioned or given us any information about it and Board of Studies is really bad at explaining it. What are the options for Major Works? Are there any assessments during the year? Should I start preparing from now? How do you suggest I approach the Major Work?

Thanks, any help is invaluable.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
English Extension 2 is probably one of the most rewarding courses you can do in the HSC. By the end of it, having completed your own major work, you will feel as though you have achieved something that is significant and something that you'll be proud of. Having just completed English Extension 2, I can personally say that this was my favorite subject during the HSC.

There are three main assessments for English Extension 2 and are as follows:
Proposal of your major work concept and idea, followed by a Viva Voce and a final draft of your major work.

There are many different mediums that you can choose; this includes: short story, a collection of short stories, poems, speeches, analytic responses and film to just highlight a few.
I recommend to choose a medium that you are passionate about - for me, I chose to write a short story as I enjoy writing even though I seriously considered doing poetry at the start.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)