Any current ext 2 students want to convince me? (1 Viewer)

justjaxson

HSC
I am torn between extension 2 and history extension. My school has only offered history extension for a year now whereas ext 2 eng is rooted deep in the school with what I understand to be pleasing results. I'm not 100% sure about whether or not I'm up to it or not. I enjoy creative writing however, I'm more so into the essay part of english and with creative I often find myself in a rut of writers block. Any previous or current ext 2 students want to advertise or keep me away? I enjoy Modern History and English equally.:detective:

Kowther

HSC
It's up to you! I don't do EE2 but from what I understand, it's only one major work. Whereas in Extension history, you have to do a major work, and an exam.

hsclover

HSC
N/A
I did both Ext 2 English and Ext Hist and I loved Ext 2 completely whereas Ext Hist was more of a burden. In Year 11 I loved Modern History/Ancient History, however Ext Hist is completely different. It's the study of "doing history" and Historians etc (I'm sure you know this), but I guess it just didn't really suit me. Ext 2 gave you complete freedom to investigate whatever you wanted either analytically or creatively which I loved. Ext 2 was undoubtedly the most rewarding subject. It was quite challenging but immensely rewarding :) On the other hand, I never had the same sense of satisfaction with Ext Hist, but that could just be because I put my heart and soul into Ext 2 while I put a mediocre effort into Ext Hist :p In the end, it's up to you, and whether you enjoy English or History more :p Good Luck!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I am torn between extension 2 and history extension. My school has only offered history extension for a year now whereas ext 2 eng is rooted deep in the school with what I understand to be pleasing results. I'm not 100% sure about whether or not I'm up to it or not. I enjoy creative writing however, I'm more so into the essay part of english and with creative I often find myself in a rut of writers block. Any previous or current ext 2 students want to advertise or keep me away? I enjoy Modern History and English equally.:detective:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to His Ext or EE2 more, so I did both for awhile and decided I loved EE2 way way more (His Ext is a good sub, I just didn't want to carry more extra units than I did anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)