Is it possible to achieve an E4 with an internal mark of 42? (1 Viewer)

Jack Foster

HSC
I received my final assessment marks back today, and am very happy with what I got - 23 out of 25! For someone expecting the worst, this was a blessing. However, I was wondering whether it was possible to achieve and E4 with a total internal mark of 42/50. I've come a (very close) second in my class, and as far as I think scaling works the student ranked first will have their internal mark moderated to become the highest external result. Despite this, could I reach the 45 cut off? By simply adding numbers, I worked out that I need a raw mark of 48 to get 90 - but is that how it works? If so, I doubt I'll get it. I'm just wondering whether this really enjoyable subject could actually net me a very good result!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The actual internal marks don't matter.

What is important is your INTERNAL RANK.

The assessment mark is derived from the pool of examination marks (in relation to your internal rank).

In short, yes you can still get an E4.

Jack Foster

HSC
Even considering there is only three in our class, and I'm coming second? That's brilliant, thanks guys!

SuchSmallHands

HSC
The person who marginally outdid you in the end could end up first in the state. If they get 50/50 (and who knows, they might) and just beat you, you could easily end up with 49/50, so if they end up on a 47-48 (probably a shade more realistic) you could 1000% end up in band E4. And the Board doesn't just see 'second', they see the margin between first and second too, so the proximity of your marks will not be overlooked in moderation. In short, yeah you could totally get an E4 still, good luck :)

iStudent

HSC
At this rate you'll probably be getting your own (or similar) exam mark. Unless you beat person coming 1st (or person coming 3rd beats you). In short, yes its possible :)

NotCricket

HSC
Asked my teacher (who was a Head Marker), I was interested in the same thing. They can't assume anything about school's internal exams, so just have to go off ranks.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Asked my teacher (who was a Head Marker), I was interested in the same thing. They can't assume anything about school's internal exams, so just have to go off ranks.
I think you may have misunderstood...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)