To choose extension 2 english or stick with history extension (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I've always wanted to write, not necessarily as an occupation, but to have written something like a novel would be my life goal (atm). Anyways, subject selections have already been submitted and I've already picked History Extension as a 14th unit. (I'm planning to drop something, but not yet as I'm doing well in all my subjects)
However, recently I've been considering perhaps english extension would allow me to pursue my passions in writing. I'm not sure However, the thing with EE2, is you need to have a concrete idea and for the past few years with school and other commitments I haven't really written much, I feel like my creativity has dried up, or my ideas just suck. That's why I didn't take extension english 2, also I do really well at history and my history teacher encouraged me to consider history extension so I took it after a lot of thought (not sure if i'll stick with it as its a lot of work). Also I'm doing SAC which requires a major work too.
Also another reason I didn't take EE2 is that I'm not sure how EE1 will go. I find its a ridiculous amount of work, but I like it (probably because class is small like 8 people and we just have this whole discussion group. often going off-topic). I'm not as keen on english ad. but I do pretty decent in it.
Should I do extension 2 english just for the sake of pursuing my interest in writing, despite the fact that i can't think of much. I'm working on that though. Also I like the idea that there is no HSC exam, however if EE1 doesn't go to plan and if I were to drop it for whatever reason I'd have to drop EE2 also. Is it best to stick with History extension, there is also a research project - just less creative.

Axio

=o
HSC
I've always wanted to write, not necessarily as an occupation, but to have written something like a novel would be my life goal (atm). Anyways, subject selections have already been submitted and I've already picked History Extension as a 14th unit. (I'm planning to drop something, but not yet as I'm doing well in all my subjects)
However, recently I've been considering perhaps english extension would allow me to pursue my passions in writing. I'm not sure However, the thing with EE2, is you need to have a concrete idea and for the past few years with school and other commitments I haven't really written much, I feel like my creativity has dried up, or my ideas just suck. That's why I didn't take extension english 2, also I do really well at history and my history teacher encouraged me to consider history extension so I took it after a lot of thought (not sure if i'll stick with it as its a lot of work). Also I'm doing SAC which requires a major work too.
Also another reason I didn't take EE2 is that I'm not sure how EE1 will go. I find its a ridiculous amount of work, but I like it (probably because class is small like 8 people and we just have this whole discussion group. often going off-topic). I'm not as keen on english ad. but I do pretty decent in it.
Should I do extension 2 english just for the sake of pursuing my interest in writing, despite the fact that i can't think of much. I'm working on that though. Also I like the idea that there is no HSC exam, however if EE1 doesn't go to plan and if I were to drop it for whatever reason I'd have to drop EE2 also. Is it best to stick with History extension, there is also a research project - just less creative.
Not that I have any experience at all with those subjects, but I think you should give English Extension 2 a go. If you were to do EE2, you could brainstorm ideas in the upcoming holidays and hopefully have a selected project or handful of ideas to choose from. To brainstorm, you could mind map the different kinds of major works and ideas that you might write about in each of them. Even deciding for instance that you definitely did not want to do performance poetry would be progress! You could also do PMIs of EE2 and History Ext such as EE2: more creative, no exams, higher scaling; Hist Ext: really good at history, more structured

There is always the option of dropping another subject (such as SAC) and doing both extensions.

I hope this helps :).

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
thanks for your advice everyone, it was really helpful
. the main dilemma i have is that I'm doing quite well in the subjects I thought I would drop at the beginning of the year. Like I think my ranking for SAC is 1st or 2nd and I don't have to put too much work into it.

britaker

HSC
Why not try EE2? It's a handy unit to get out of the way before the actual HSC exams :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)