for 2016 Extension 2 English students; roll call (1 Viewer)

Hooters

HSC
how are you going? how well into your major work are you? what concepts, mediums are you looking into? what are your other subjects and atar goal? what topic are you doing for extension 1? do you like your teacher? do you have a tutor? of course you don't have to answer all of these questions (they are just prompts!) feel free to start any discussion.
sincerely,
procrastinating doing ext 2 research
:)

peachyy

HSC
Hello there :) I have no idea how my critical study is going to go, but my teacher recommended me to pursue it and here I am! I'm basically viewing ext ii as a subject where I can pursue what I like and come out the other side with a piece I worked really hard on.
I'm also sort of procrastinating the research and looking for some guidance! I'm lucky to have a really clever and cool teacher who is currently reccommending me texts and meeting with me weekly.

I wish you all the best of luck and hoping to see some more replies here too! What topic are you guys doing and how far along are you? What are your feelings about finally coming close to the HSC?

Hooters

HSC
Juggling between doing critical or short story. Could do a mix of both. I haven't started writing at all, have my viva voce in a few days. :| excited and scared

rain3103

HSC
hey guys! how in depth does your concept have to be? I mean what if a topic is so broad and you have to derive it into a concept but it becomes too complicated? Btw I'm doing a short story! How are you guys coping?

sliktap

HSC
hi guys,
im getting really nervous about extension 2. every time i run into interesting information i end up changing my concept.

I am doing short story and have started writing the first story of three

It would be great to discuss the course more, especially since i am the only person doing it in my town

cheers guys

oliviarebekah

HSC
hey guys, my viva voce is due in a bit more than a week, i am really nervous because public speaking isn't really my thing, even though its only a conversation! Any tips?

Also how is everyone going with like their journal? I haven't done much in the journal but I need to cause I need to hand it in soon!!

Hope everyone is going well, its cool to talk to other people doing the same course, considering its pretty small class at my school!

Hooters

HSC
Viva voce: Just make sure you are confident with your concept and that you know your target audience etc., and have responses for the predictable questions they'll ask you.
Concept changing: the fact that your concept is changing means that your ideas are simply evolving. Research is meant to shape and improve your concept. It is a good thing. For most of us, our initial concept was fairly narrow and pulled out of our _ss, yet at the same time we thought it was so genius. You needed that first concept though, to get to the one you have today. As with any writing, you need to get out all the crap ideas to make room for the good ones (once you realise this you also won't be afraid of writing) I don't think anyone who does a major work completes something that was exactly what they envisioned they'd produce a year ago.

How in depth: You should worry more about 'how broad'. If you pick a really broad concept such as the meaning of life you won't be able to go in depth enough, you won't be able to sufficiently explore the meaning of life in 6000 words. IF you go in markers comments you'll see that they note how people try to tackle things like existentialism and end up getting a bit lost in their narrative. It is a struggle for me to not become too tangential. As we continue to edit our major work though, the concept will become more refined.

I am reluctant to show my teachers my major work as it as crap, but I know that I need to, how are you all with the confidence aspect of it?

ml125

HSC
Hey :) Completely stressing because my viva voce is in a week and my concept is way too broad ;; It's been so hard trying to narrow it down since there's just so much to talk about. I'm doing a critical response but I've pretty much only written like 200 words hahaha..haa.haa ;n;

I think my journal's going pretty well but how are you guys setting it out? I've just been taking notes on my sources, mind maps etc. I've seen other people write them sort of like diary entries... are we supposed to do it like that?? It just feels so awkward writing it..

Cheers :D

Hooters

HSC
I think my journal's going pretty well but how are you guys setting it out? I've just been taking notes on my sources, mind maps etc. I've seen other people write them sort of like diary entries... are we supposed to do it like that?? It just feels so awkward writing it..

Cheers :D
In my journal i just write what comes naturally to me. I do put a date on my entries though. Sometimes when I am just thinking about ideas or where to progress it sounds like a diary entry. don't try to 'make it' sound/look like anything. When starting the course the journal seemed like a chore but now I find that the journal is actually really important for me to organize my thoughts and put my research in.
good luck for viva voce!

whacky

HSC
Hey Extension 2 people!

Has anyone completed the Viva Voce yet? I did my one last week!

Shuuya

HSC
Hey Extension 2 people!

Has anyone completed the Viva Voce yet? I did my one last week!
Our school did it last term I think (I don't do Ext 2 though :p)

ml125

HSC
Did my viva last week, can't say I did that well but I'm glad it's over :drink:
Now I just need to worry about writing ;-; I know what to write but I don't know how to start haha.. I'll get there someday... I hope :haha:

whacky

HSC
Did my viva last week, can't say I did that well but I'm glad it's over :drink:
Now I just need to worry about writing ;-; I know what to write but I don't know how to start haha.. I'll get there someday... I hope :haha:
Yay! Congrats :)

Hooters

HSC
that was meant for ml125... not good with this replying stuff

Hooters

HSC
Really? Haha dropped Biology/SOR1 at the end of prelim :p
I dropped bio at the end of prelim for EE2. I didn't like bio but it was easy marks, a lot more uncertainty with EE2. I don't regret it, but sometimes think about it. When my Major Work is in full swing I'll feel better or more at ease hopefully.

ml125

HSC
I dropped bio at the end of prelim for EE2. I didn't like bio but it was easy marks, a lot more uncertainty with EE2. I don't regret it, but sometimes think about it. When my Major Work is in full swing I'll feel better or more at ease hopefully.
Sometimes I think about it too.. I just hope I'll do well enough for my other subjects at this point. I think I'll feel better about it by the end of term since I'll probably have something substantial by then. Probably. :haha:

whacky

HSC
Are any of you going to the Extension 2 event on the 20th of March? It seems pretty interesting!

ml125

HSC
Are any of you going to the Extension 2 event on the 20th of March? It seems pretty interesting!
I was planning to but.. It's right in the middle of my exam block ;n; Might still go though, I'll probably need a break from studying anyway.. even though I might need it since I have physics the day after hahahaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)