First/Last sentences of your Major Work (2016 cohort)! (1 Viewer)

arctic-fox

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm really curious to see what everyone's stories are like, now that all our submissions are in!
My last sentence is, "She felt open and light."

What are the first/last sentences of your major work? :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
just so y'all know, whatever first/last sentences you have, you cannot possibly one-up the great last line from my major work:

"She turned around, and Drew was greeted with the most beautiful sight in the world (at least to him - others would say their partners looked better doing this thing I am about to tell you, but to Drew, that was just natural bias or of course, pandering to their partners): her smile".

it's just so beautiful :'(

juliaasaab

HSC
My first line: Beneath four layers of concrete vaults, and under a slab of white tile on which pendulum lights swoop in long growths down to the room, the QMT testing areas are located.
My last line: "Don't go anywhere"

I'll let you guess what genre I decided to adopt lol

deezer

HSC
First sentence: It was only a land. A wishful land. Gleaming seas. Vibrant agriculture. The promising smell of fresh soil ready for growth. A mountain that breeds sustenance. A mountain that will then destroy.

Last sentence: Know that I lay rest in Isis’ wings, and that it was dark, dark like the world. Ashes enveloped me, and I cannot breathe, I will succumb any moment now. It is nightfall, and I whisper the words as I sleep with the rest...

I honestly have doubts about my major work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)