Help with English Extension 2 2017 (1 Viewer)

JohnyRose

HSC
Hey everyone,
I was looking for some assistance in regards to English Extention 2. I'm currently deciding whether or not I should pick it up. If you are currently doing or have done the Extension 2 course: Would you recommend it to others? And are there any advantages to doing it?

Thanks.

ml125

HSC
As long as you're willing to put in the time and effort, you should be fine. I struggled to some extent since I didn't put enough time into it in the beginning and all the work piled up but in the end it was worth it! If you think it's something you would enjoy I'd say go for it :D

I did an essay for my major work; a comparative study between one of my prelim EE1 texts and one of my hsc Advanced texts. The extended analysis I did in EE2 really enhanced my essays in Advanced for this text in particular, and the extra research can be integrated into other essays as well! Of course, this wouldn't apply as much if you chose to do another form but it's something to keep in mind ^^ Really, the best thing about the course is that you have the freedom to write about whatever you like so I found it to be one of my favourite units despite the workload.

sourmilk

HSC
Extension 2 was one of my favourite subjects and I had no regrets on doing it. The main thing is make sure you do something you love, and that you can do for the rest of the year. Two of my classmates who chose short stories changed their ideas mid-through the year after the viva voce, and my friend change hers a few weeks before it was due (medium and everything) I chose a subject I was very passionate about, so I knew I wasn't going to get tired of it half way through the year and I manage to reach 5 words away from the limit. It was a very good outlet for me, so I really do recommend picking it up.

My teacher told me the only hard thing in the course is procrastination. I had that in the beginning of the year, and it was harder in the beginning because you don't have a grounded idea. But don't worry! All your ideas always come together in the end :)

Last edited:

JohnyRose

HSC
I'm currently doing;
- 3 unit English
- Math General
- Business Studies
- Visual Arts
- SOR 1 unit (I go to a Catholic school so it's compulsory)

But I plan to drop Legal Studies and maybe pick up Extension 2.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing;
- 3 unit English
- Math General
- Business Studies
- Visual Arts
- SOR 1 unit (I go to a Catholic school so it's compulsory)

But I plan to drop Legal Studies and maybe pick up Extension 2.
That's fine, 2 major works would be alright.

3 might be difficult to handle.

JohnyRose

HSC
Yeah it shouldn't be too bad as long as I keep up with all the work.

Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)