Typos in final major? (1 Viewer)

metaphoricalpigeon

HSC
I finally handed in my major last week on Friday and it was a short story. However, it was really rushed with editing and I wish I could go back and find more time to edit it, but unfortunately I just didn't spend enough time editing it as I should've. So after the hand-in, I looked over my major and reflection and found a few typos (maybe 5-6?) and now I'm extremely worried as to how much it'll impact my mark. Is it still possible to say get it in the E3/E4 range or is there no chance now?

Really freaking out, even though its handed in...

Capt Nemo

HSC
Yeah, I handed in mine at the same time with a similar drafting procedure, and although I haven't found any yet, I'm certain typo's are lurking underneath the surface.

Look, fundamentally I think we all have the same problem, and according to my teachers, typo's are not that big a deal. If your works E4 standard, I doubt they'll drop you to an E3 for a typo that you rushed while editing to make it the best it could be.

Personally, I cant/couldn't afford to spend time worrying about EXT 2 Eng. I've got other subjects.

Keep your head up and be proud you could hand in something that takes an extraordinary amount of effort and leave it there.

Remember, I was in your shoes. Good luck with your mark, hope you hit the E4 range.

*This post was edited for spelling errors.

Last edited:

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I finally handed in my major last week on Friday and it was a short story. However, it was really rushed with editing and I wish I could go back and find more time to edit it, but unfortunately I just didn't spend enough time editing it as I should've. So after the hand-in, I looked over my major and reflection and found a few typos (maybe 5-6?) and now I'm extremely worried as to how much it'll impact my mark. Is it still possible to say get it in the E3/E4 range or is there no chance now?

Really freaking out, even though its handed in...
FEELS
OMG

ME AF

that being said most of my class also had one or two typos

so #yolo

brbstudying

HSC
Yes, two girls got an E4 last year, and their short stories had quite a few typos. One of them actually got 50/50, so I don't think the markers will be as strict on typos if you produce a really good work! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)