Thread: For those who succeeded in English Extension 2

HSC

For those who succeeded in English Extension 2

Hey,

So there are only six other people in my class, and I'm sure I can beat them all. My goal is to come 1st in this class for both internals and externals. Creative writing has been my strongest point since as early as Year 2, and I've researched, planned and written my own stories since then; it's almost like a hobby for me, so I'm really excited for this course. ^_^

I've talked to my teacher about my story, and she's happy with the idea, and given me some starting points for the research.

My questions are:
    1) Is it true that the journal isn't read unless they're suspicious of plagiarism? If so, what about that "Skills in extensive independent investigation" that weights 25%?
    2) How many drafts did you have to go through to get a high-quality story?
    3) In general, what did you do to succeed in the course?
    English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Music 2 | Music Extension | Modern History | Ancient History

ATAR Aim: 98.50

Dream Degree: Law/Arts

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: For those who succeeded in English Extension 2

Quote Originally Posted by kendallkreene View Post
    1) Is it true that the journal isn't read unless they're suspicious of plagiarism? If so, what about that "Skills in extensive independent investigation" that weights 25%?
    2) How many drafts did you have to go through to get a high-quality story?
    3) In general, what did you do to succeed in the course?

1. Yeah apparently!

Also that -> for my school, it came in the form of 3000 word annotated bibliography!

2. Most of my class did roughly 5 drafts, in which 3 of them were rewritten from scratch (not only because of changing the idea, but because we tried changing the tense, structure and narrative voice etc)

3. IDK HAVENT SUCCEEDED BUT Y'KNOW

pls don't pRoCRasTinAte!!!

also get feedback from your peers if you can (suggest peer marking: every week we'd bring in an excerpt from our major works and circulate them around the class, before discussing each person's work as a group to give detailed feedback) - it really helps to have a fresh pair of eyes to look at your story!!!

Also, don't be afraid to (if it's reasonable) say 'no' to any suggestions or criticism that you don't believe in - it's YOUR major work - I really do wish I had listened to and believed in myself more rather than blindly follow teachers' suggestions.

And yes research is v important!!!!
    Last edited by 30june2016; 28 Sep 2017 at 10:55 AM.

UTS BIT 2018

Thread Information