Thread: Can anyone give me feedback on my idea?

HSC

Post Can anyone give me feedback on my idea?

Hello fellow Ext 2'ers,

I plan on writing a critical essay on feminist revisionist mythology within Margaret Atwood's works. Basically, I want to explore how female mythological characters have been misrepresented and mistreated in mythology and fairytales and how Margaret Atwood has revised these characters in order to subvert and challenge gender streotypes embodied within these stories.

What do you guys think? Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreicated
    Last edited by harrysmith217; 4 Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Can anyone give me feedback on my idea?

Quote Originally Posted by harrysmith217 View Post
    Hello fellow Ext 2'ers,

I plan on writing a critical essay on feminist revisionist mythology within Margaret Atwood's works. Basically, I want to explore how female mythological characters have been misrepresented and mistreated in mythology and fairytales and how Margaret Atwood has revised these characters in order to subvert and challenge gender streotypes embodied within these stories.

What do you guys think? Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreicated

This actually sounds pretty interesting, good luck (lmao I wish I did something like this for my major work instead last yr)!! But as with all major works, make sure you pinpoint your concept, and if you haven't had your first few assessment tasks already, try and be more specific - what exactly is being misrepresented?

Some more things to think about (you don't need to answer these lol, just trying to help out)

How are you going to structure this? Are you going to have a few points of reference to several 'misrepresented' feminine characters in mythology - how many? Are Atwood's works going to be considered as appropriations of these myths/fairytales? Remember to really delve into the context of the texts (i.e. Atwood's vs older myths) you'll be mentioning too - I think this would be one of the main ideas of your essay!

UTS BIT 2018

Thread Information