Advice on workload? (1 Viewer)

NewOh

HSC
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to this whole boredofstudies thing (just registered a minute ago), and I need some help about my workload.

Right now I'm pretty sure I'm going to do

Maths (Ext2)
English (Ext1)
Physics
Chem

Do you think this would be too much workload if I were to pick up Ext 2 English as well? I don't have a very concrete idea for a major work apart from that it's definitely not going to be a critical essay. Does anyone have any experience with doing 12 units and Ext 2 English? How many hours a week did you put in?

I have already spoken to some teacher, but I'd prefer some first hand advice

Would appreciate any help!

Cheers

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to this whole boredofstudies thing (just registered a minute ago), and I need some help about my workload.

Right now I'm pretty sure I'm going to do

Maths (Ext2)
English (Ext1)
Physics
Chem

Do you think this would be too much workload if I were to pick up Ext 2 English as well? I don't have a very concrete idea for a major work apart from that it's definitely not going to be a critical essay. Does anyone have any experience with doing 12 units and Ext 2 English? How many hours a week did you put in?

I have already spoken to some teacher, but I'd prefer some first hand advice

Would appreciate any help!

Cheers
Imo I knew someone who did extension 2 english, it's defs not worth the workload for 1 unit. It takes soooo much editing, reading, researching, fixing up, brainstorming, for 1 mark. I just don't think it's worth it unless you REALLY love english.

maths314

HSC
Uni Grad
I did an essay, and it was a lot more work than I had expected. That being said, I reckon pick it up, and if you can't think of a very good idea within a few weeks drop it. Writing it took me a lot of time, I can't give you an hours per week estimate because I wrote it in fairly large blocks (i.e. summer holidays and other holidays). I ended up getting a 49 external mark, but internally I didn't work as hard through the year

kaialee

HSC
Hi, I did Extension Two English this year, and submitted my major work in August. It is definitely a subject where you have to be committed and prepared to conduct your own research in your own time, but I'd recommend it 100%. As long as you give yourself a head start - form your concept before the summer holidays and begin writing during them - you'll be fine and it shouldn't be stressful. It's just about time management. I started mine during December, and even though I became busy later in the year, the work I'd done on it allowed me to not have to stress as much and get 90%+ in every E2 assessment. If it turns out not to be for you, you can always drop it; but it's a really rewarding course in which you get to compose a work that is completely your own. Something you're passionate about. PLUS there's no exam at the end of the year for it so, you get everything done by August :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)