groups in context -muslim (1 Viewer)

angel313

HSC
hey im researching the muslim community as a group. are their any specific needs that muslims have or issues of concerns? i need to find them so if anyone wants to help...

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi
jw what group would u categorise muslims under? :confused:

leeha

HSC
im guessing it would be religeous or cultural groups - look in your text book or the excel book under religeous/cultural group needs and look to your broader knowledge of the muslim community and what needs they would have etc.

angel313

HSC
yeah i did our text book only covered torres straight islanders and abouriginal groups (cultural groups) i thought i would look in here to find anything i have missed..

leeha

HSC
yeah pretty much just apply that to muslim groups...or minority groups - is that one? so long since ive thought about cafs haha. muslim groups in aus prob wouldnt have the same health concerns that aboriginal groups would but most of it prob would be the same...in the hsc syllabus eyes anyway haha

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
oh icic

right, well i'd expect that ANY religious group (be it muslims, christians, buddhists or jehovah's witnesses etc) would have needs that pertain to the right to express their religous views freely and openly without repression.

its a bit tricky though. the thing is, i dont think that u could call muslim people a 'cultural group' as such; arent cultural groups more in terms of ethnicity than anything else?? muslims come in varieties of cultures and each one of these cultures have different opinions and beliefs regarding islam...and how would u go about tackling things like 'health' 'housing' etc? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)