Cafs Enquires (1 Viewer)

mickael

HSC
It is the first year that our school delany college has offered cafs. I would appreciate anyone who would liek to answer my follwing questions:
Does cafs scale you down?
IS it a hard course?
Can you still get a good uai with it?

mickael

HSC
hey, thanks for your responses, they were very useful.. just wondering would you have any study guides notes or anything that can help me to excel in this course,i really enjoy it though like i mentioned earlier it is the first year our school runs the course and resources for this course are very limited.. your help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i will purchase the study guides of you at a price of your choice.

HSC
hi mickael, in answering your questions.

1. yes, it scales you down.
2. nope, its a very laid back subject that only requires your interest in it to succeed. if you genuinely love it you should do great in it!
3. of course! if you do great in it there should be no problems with your uai.
4. don't worry mickael, we only have one textbook too. cafs dosent really need much more than a textbook or two, because you can research anything else you want to know on the net or in books - easy

well have fun!!

mickael

HSC
Thanks for your comments.. well its the first time it runs at our school so im worried about not have adequate info. can you please give me your email and send me any notes resources your teacher has given you.
Thanks again

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hope u like cafs !! it was my favourite course. i wouldnt rely too heavily on the Excel book- i only used it to remind myself of definitions etc.

but u need to read up a LOT on net e.g. ABS website, Dep. of Community Services etc/magazines like Sydney Child etc/books cos u need to be up on current trends and social issues and concerns affecting wider community. theres a great series called Issues in Society that u could find in ur local library.

Last edited:

BlytheChloe

HSC
Hello2U2 said:
hi mickael, in answering your questions.

1. yes, it scales you down.
2. nope, its a very laid back subject that only requires your interest in it to succeed. if you genuinely love it you should do great in it!
3. of course! if you do great in it there should be no problems with your uai.
4. don't worry mickael, we only have one textbook too. cafs dosent really need much more than a textbook or two, because you can research anything else you want to know on the net or in books - easy

well have fun!!
It won't scale you down if you come first and rock the HSC exam.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
It won't scale you down if you come first and rock the HSC exam.
actually it kind of does cos the course is still capped - well it was capped at 44.8/50 last year by UAC so it was pretty much that the person who came first in the state only got 44.8/50 marks contributed to their UAI whereas someone who topped english advanced would get the 50/50 - obviously it's because in terms of content english advanced is expected to be more "difficult" and so on and so forth. But yeah that's how it goes

BlytheChloe

HSC
ahen said:
actually it kind of does cos the course is still capped - well it was capped at 44.8/50 last year by UAC so it was pretty much that the person who came first in the state only got 44.8/50 marks contributed to their UAI whereas someone who topped english advanced would get the 50/50 - obviously it's because in terms of content english advanced is expected to be more "difficult" and so on and so forth. But yeah that's how it goes
You're comparing it to English Advanced ffs.

It's not as sad as inputting 100 in SAM for all your subjects and ending up with 99.something UAI. ROFL. That's what happened when my friends and I tried it for another friend who did English Advanced, Ancient History, Mathematics, Multimedia and Society and Culture.

When I put 100 for everything for my subjects its 100 UAI and I did English Advanced, Mathematics, Society and Culture, Visual Arts and CAFS...

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
You're comparing it to English Advanced ffs.

It's not as sad as inputting 100 in SAM for all your subjects and ending up with 99.something UAI. ROFL. That's what happened when my friends and I tried it for another friend who did English Advanced, Ancient History, Mathematics, Multimedia and Society and Culture.

When I put 100 for everything for my subjects its 100 UAI and I did English Advanced, Mathematics, Society and Culture, Visual Arts and CAFS...
what's wrong with advanced?
and 100 with all my subjects = ..100 UAI, though still, it aint gonna happen

BlytheChloe

HSC
ahen said:
what's wrong with advanced?
and 100 with all my subjects = ..100 UAI, though still, it aint gonna happen
Nothing is wrong with Advanced. Obviously it scales high. That's all.

Yeah see 100. I think Multimedia is capped or something. CAFS isn't really.

princessskyzie

HSC
hey i really need help on my irp my thing is "How does the separation oif parents reflect on the child's well being"

HELP ME PLEASE!

lizziegirl MABY YOU CAN HELP ME

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
princessskyzie said:
hey i really need help on my irp my thing is "How does the separation oif parents reflect on the child's well being"

HELP ME PLEASE!

lizziegirl MABY YOU CAN HELP ME

umm yeah i'll try n help as much as i can although idk how much help i can be lol. what q's do u have?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)