My IRP Hypothesis? (1 Viewer)

nicm_1

HSC
hey guys, my irp topic is
"Sibling Rivalry: Fact or Fiction?"
but i need help with writing the hypothesis... any ideas?

Kat92

HSC
  • To what effect does sibling rivalry have upon the sibling's ............... wellbeing?
  • Limited communication between siblings, leads to sibling rivalry?
  • A child from a social parent can cause sibling rivalry?
  • The age and gender of a sibling plays a strong impact upon the rivalry that occurs?

You may wish to refine those to suit what it is that you are aiming to find by conducting the IRP. Those are just a few suggestions that I could quickly come up with to try and interlink back to the syllabus outcomes.

Kat92

HSC
thankyou so much! big help!
No probs :D. Just remember to make sure you interlink everything back to the syllabus and you'll be fine. Also if you have a good general knowledge of most aspects within CAFS then you'll find it reasonably easy.

If you have any other queries about the IRP, feel free to post in the IRP home forum. As you can talk to others who are currently undertaking their IRP's and those who have completed them from previous years.

Good luck with it all. :)

PS> I know from experience how hard it is to try and come up with a good hypothesis. I was continually for the 1st week refining it so that it was more targeted and easy to complete within the time frame. You may want to get your teacher to have a look before you begin, as that's what I ended up doing with mine before I began going any further on researching my topic.

Last edited:

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
just a thought - you could alter it to how birth order affects kids if you wanted... just putting it out there for consideration. a girl did that in my year and it was an excellent irp

Kat92

HSC
just a thought - you could alter it to how birth order affects kids if you wanted... just putting it out there for consideration. a girl did that in my year and it was an excellent irp
It most certainly would work as well. :)

DaeTokki

HSC
N/A
Hello! I'm starting my CAFs IRP and my area of Study is "Do We Need God?" and I'm really stuck coming up with a good and strong hypothesis... can you please give me some suggestions that isn't biased? :)
Thanks! <3
(My project plan is due this Thursday...)

Kat92

HSC
Hi DaeTokki,

Hmm this is an interesting one! Personally, even I am stuck trying to find something to link it to. All I can think of is perhaps you could make some connection with the concept of self-actualisation with respect to self-esteem and self-confidence?

I.e. A connection to God can help an Individuals' progress towards self-actualisation. (Obviously you would have to think about the wording but it provides some food for thought ;) )

Good Luck with it, I hope that I have somewhat helped! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)