Could I do this topic for CAFS IRP? (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
I was going through topics I was considering to do, and sort of started briefly. But I realised I didn't have much motivation because I couldn't find something I was actually interested in. Then I came up with this topic, I would like to know if it is related enough to CAFs, can I use it?

"Poor relationships create a controlling personality"

It relates to individuals, families (how it effects the families), etc.. also it relates to Maslow's hierarchy because someone with poor relationships often has poor self esteem..etc won't reach self actualization and all that stuff. but do you think it's a bit off topic for CAFs? so far it's all that interests me.

thanks

EDIT: also if I do it I wanted to mention how people with a controlling personality are often viewed negatively and get 'the blame' sort of thing. but often people don't realise the hardships the person has gone through and how although their behaviour can't be justified, it's not really their fault and they need help/counselling.

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
If you were to do that topic, that statement would be your hypothesis.

Just a few issues that have been brought to my attention:
- You say that you also want to look at how a controlling personality can result in 'getting the blame', and sequentially, a low state of wellbeing (I assume?)... your hypothesis doesn't particularly allow for that, and is slightly too narrow. Perhaps talk about how poor experiences early in life act as an enabler of a controlling personality, which may lead to negative repercussions later on in life (such as a low state of wellbeing, unstable relationships, lack of empathy, social problems, etc). You want to initially open up your research. Later on down the track you can narrow down your statement/question as you see fit.
- Make sure that you can gather enough reputable secondary research to support/disagree with your primary methodologies. Additionally, if you don't have concrete sources, it will be very difficult to establish a strong argument and you will have trouble with your literature review.

Ultimately, my advice is to speak to your teacher about it. They'll be able to point you in the right direction if you let them know what the basis of your ideas are. This is the first time you've ever done this, and they have no doubt taught HSC CAFS and marked IRPs before (plus they've done their time at uni learning to teach it to you).

If you need anymore help, feel free to message me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)