HELP!!! I need an IRP topic!!! (1 Viewer)

KitCat16

HSC
I've had my IRP for 1 month already and I don't have a question yet!!

I want to go along the lines of teenage parenting but I don't have a question for it!!!

Please help me!!!

Kat92

HSC
Hi KitCat16,

First of all that is a normal feeling with the IRP- take a few deep breaths and you'll be fine. Once you get started it is not that bad ;)

Okay seeing as you want to teenage parenting you would link the hypothesis/question back to the syllabus outcomes of Parenting and Caring, Wellbeing and Multiple Role expectations.

Perhaps you could write something like this:

Teenage pregnancy and childbirth is an important adolescent health issue in Australia due to its association with detrimental wellbeing consequences for both mother and child.

OR

Teenage parenting affects the wellbeing of both mother and child.

Also you may want to have a look at: http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/cafs/websites/4254/cafs_websites.htm -- as you may find some useful resources to topics.

Good Luck with it! :)

dijanabatt

HSC
Hey,
I am beginning my IRP this week and am currently deciding on my research question. I am thinking about basing my question on the topic of caring for aged relatives and want to particularly find out about the wellbeing of a person caring for an aged relative. Would you be able to help me word a research question directly relative to my topic because I am finding it difficult to incorporate all aspects of my question into one.

dontbeannoying

HSC
Try limiting it down to one aspect of wellbeing, i.e Is the emotional wellbeing of carers constantly pushed aside due to the nature of their job?
also there was a recent study done that found carers who tended to elderly people with depression started to exhibit the same emotional symptoms as their patients.
heres a link to an article about this study http://ageing.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/6/421.abstract
I hope it helped..
Good Luck!!

Kat92

HSC
dijanabatt, I hope dontbeannoying's advice helped as this is exactly what you need to do! :)

KitCat16

HSC
Thank - You everyone for all your help! I have changed my topic totally!
I'm now going with
"Is Teenage Pregnancy frowned upon in today's Society."
But I think it sounds too much to Society and Culture!
Help me out here!
Do you think it does?

Kat92

HSC
I personally think it does sound more like a Society and Culture research topic.

Kat92

HSC
Page 27 of the syllabus could help. Essentially, you would look under section 8.2 and 8.3 of the syllabus.

Maybe you could draw upon the dotpoint of diversity i.e. you could perhaps say: Teenage Pregnancy highlights the diverse nature of family units along with their functions within contemporary society.

If you wanted to make it into an appropriately complex research question you could add what you originally had in some manner like: although some individuals have differing opinions, which leads to negative stereotyping.

Otherwise, I can't really see a way to turn it into a CAFS topic.

dijanabatt

HSC
I was able to access the article on Oxford Journals and it did help alot so thank you so much for that! I am now beginning my Literature Review and was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of things I need to include (research question: To what extent do carers tending to elderly people with depression, begin to exhibit the same emotional symptoms as their patients?) or a site which would provide a structure. Currently I am having difficulty researching a site that isn't confusing as this is the first literature review I have written. Thank you

Kat92

HSC
I was able to access the article on Oxford Journals and it did help alot so thank you so much for that! I am now beginning my Literature Review and was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of things I need to include (research question: To what extent do carers tending to elderly people with depression, begin to exhibit the same emotional symptoms as their patients?) or a site which would provide a structure. Currently I am having difficulty researching a site that isn't confusing as this is the first literature review I have written. Thank you
I have just updated my guide- http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=312407. Let me know how this goes! :) Also, I am glad to hear that you were able to find some handy journals to support your topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)