HELP ASAP due tomorrow in text referencing (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
Ok, I thought we were going to have the referencing lesson today, but no. And my CAFS proposal is due tomorrow. So I tried to do it myself. Basically I want to know if I've done the in-text referencing correctly. For convenience I am only putting the sections with referencing:

... have difficulty trusting others. (Domestic violence and children, 2011) *
For example, they may think that violence is OK (Domestic violence and children, 2011),

according to Piaget’s theory of Cognitive Development (AH 2009 pg.111), ^

* = the little number 1 (it doesn't come up here)
^ = the little number 2. these indicate footnotes at the bottom of the page.

QUESTIONS:

- I referenced the same text in 2 different paragraphs. Is it right that in the second one, I DON'T put the little number again?
- Is it all right?

Thanks!

EDIT: also the first one is from a website, second is from textbook. and I have the footnotes with the proper referencing in the document.

Kat92

HSC
What format are you asked to use?

As this referencing is a mixture of Chicago and APA 6th edition.

Last edited:

Kat92

HSC
Chicago:

... have difficulty trusting others. (Domestic violence and children, 2011)
For example, they may think that violence is OK (Domestic violence and children, 2011)
according to Piaget’s theory of Cognitive Development (AH 2009, 111)

In Footnotes: Jean Piaget, Theory of Cognitive Development (LOCATION: AH, 2009), 111.

APA:

... have difficulty trusting others. (Domestic Violence and Children, 2011)
For example, they may think that violence is OK (Domestic violence and children, 2011)
according to Piaget’s theory of Cognitive Development (AH, 2009, pp.111)

In Reference list: Piaget, J. (2009). Theory of Cognitive Development (LOCATION: AH), pp.111.

So overall, not too bad! ;)

Last edited:

pigas

HSC
Well, I wasn't really sure, I was trying to use Harvard. When I showed it to my teacher she said it was right (but I realised it wasn't after I handed it in). Do you think I will lose marks for doing it wrong? It wasn't in the marking criteria, but the teacher for the other CAFS class told me that including such things would head me towards getting a band 6 (though it's just the proposal). I feel scared now I hope it doesn't make me lose marks :(

Thanks though :)

Kat92

HSC
I don't think you would lose marks, as it shows initiative and that you are willing to think outside the box! :) You should be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)