Help IRP (1 Viewer)

tcs555

HSC
I was wondering if I could get some advice for the IRP. My topic is 'tattooed stereotypes created by society create barriers to employment'. I'm having trouble picking my final method it's a toss up between a survey or a case study. If anyone has any advice or feedback on my topic please help :)

Kat92

HSC
Case studies/ observation are subjective and do not provide enough evidence to apply the results to the general population. Also, your bias may transcend into the final results which can skew them.

Surveys are in-personal and based on scales like "strongly agree" "strongly disagree" etc. Most of the time they do not allow for open ended responses. You would have to select different work environments otherwise you will not get a good sample size and may find bias yet again.

In my opinion, I find that if you get a good spread of people that show the demographics of today's working environment the survey would be the way to go.

bec3

HSC
Case study for an IRP- you're going to have a bad time :/
A true case study addresses change over time, they can be carried out over years

Survey is decent, I gather you're already using questionnaires? Have you considered interviews?

Your topic is interesting, maybe reword it though as it's a bit clunky. Also, employment in what field? This may help you narrow it a little.

Good luck on your IRP :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)