Help!!! Literature reviews (1 Viewer)

miffy01

HSC
Hi Guys...
I'm having heaps of trouble trying to start my literature reviews for my IRP.
My IRP topic is “How does stress created by the HSC affect a students wellbeing psychologically, emotionally and physically?”
I am just not sure what to write about certain articles, and I wanted to know whether there was a special format or way of writing a successful literature review.
I'm also finding it really difficult to find articles :L
Please help if you can!
Much appreciated!
:cry:

sueweetie

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys...
My IRP topic is “How does stress created by the HSC affect a students wellbeing psychologically, emotionally and physically?”
I am just not sure what to write about certain articles, and I wanted to know whether there was a special format or way of writing a successful literature review.
Please help if you can!
Much appreciated!
If you haven't read this thread then I suggest you to do so. http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=312407 It's really helpful. Other then that, I can't help you as I'm stuck myself.

miffy01

HSC
Thanks for your help :) I think that should guide me well! :) :)

:sun:

Kat92

HSC
Hi Guys...
Please help if you can!
Much appreciated!
In essence you look for dichotomies, links, contradictions, etc. between articles and sum up what the author is saying.

So:

In the literature it is recognised that a dichotomy exists between x and y because x is not prominent in y. Kat92(2013) suggests that x has traditionally incorporated everything that happens between ??? and ???, therefore encompassing areas which ???. While analysis of ??? and ??? form the focus of ??? , studies of the objectives and decisions confronting ??? are central to ???.

Next paragraph also on agreeing

Next paragraph who was the first to identify.

Paragraph about difference of opinion for example:
miffy01(2012) argues that x should focus on y, because in ??? parts of the ??? which would normally be undertaken by ??? are ???. In some countries, ??? have exclusive control of ???. These ??? supposedly carry out ????.

Next paragraph some comment about the apparent differences and how this affects the study- i.e. does more research need to be done to formulate an informed opinion??

Does that make sense?? Let me know whether or not that helps! :)

ebjane

HSC
im confused with this to, I don't understand how to lay it out. For example if its a book do I write it like this :

"name of book"
information I gathered from this book etc? HELP PLEASE

bec3

HSC
im confused with this to, I don't understand how to lay it out. For example if its a book do I write it like this :

"name of book"
No, a literature review is not a list of sources and a discussion on what they say. You need to integrate your response. You begin by addressing an idea that has been brought up in a text- supporting your hypothesis or disproving it for example. You can talk about sources that supported this view point- doing so in a paragraph format as described above.
Then your next paragraph might be on another idea that conflicts with that presented in para 1, again mentioning the sources that show this opinion.

For example, last year I did same sex marriage in india and australia. My paragraphs were split into the supportive australian viewpoint, the opposing australian viewpoint, the supporting Indian viewpoint and the opposing Indian viewpoint.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: some history about your topic and how the two different views emerged might be a good starting point.

Kat92

HSC

"name of book"
Ebjane,

I replied on your other post in the thread: guide for IRP project.

Does it make sense what me and bec3 have recently posted to make it clearer? Let us know if it still doesn't make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)