Hey Everyone..

At the moment I am currently doing the following 11 units for my HSC:
  • English Standard
  • 2U Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Biology
  • PDHPE
  • SOR1
My question to you all is should I drop SOR1 down to Catholic Studies..?

This would give me more time to focus on the "more important" subjects which I ultimately want to count towards my ATAR, right..?

Lastly, can anyone tell me roughly what sort of marks would I need to be getting in school and for my HSC exam to achieve an ATAR of ~92-93..?

Thankyou..

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No. Don't drop. SOR is incredibly easy and can be a backup if you majorly fuck up something else.
English Standard - 86
Maths - 85
Physics - 82
Biology - 85
PDHPE - ?
SOR1 - 44
It'd be nicer if you asked what aligned mark you wanted in each subject.
I.E. the mark you get on your HSC. :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
No don't drop SOR it's piss easy, you dont need to focus on it at all. all I did all year was talk to my friends nonstop, didn't even learn all the content for the exam just bullshitted (it's religion) and got Band 5

Although it didn't count to my atar, it was still a good back up

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No don't drop SOR it's piss easy, you dont need to focus on it at all. all I did all year was talk to my friends nonstop, didn't even learn all the content for the exam just bullshitted (it's religion) and got Band 5
Lol, religion is complete bullshit anyway. hahahahahha.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ah hem...

keep SOR. You are already guaranteed a band 5 by sitting the exam - serious.

My HSC SOR study consisted of one night plagiarising and memorising 3 of my friend's extended responses.. admittedly he was an eventual state ranker. Walked out and thought it was my worst exam, and somehow it ended up being my equal highest on 94.

Best thing about humanities is that you can plagiarise a lot of essays and they won't know.. and ye i did all humanities except maths lol

ammyyy

HSC
I pretty much didn't do anything in class. We got a massive booklet with notes on everything possible and I basically just crammed the night before assessments and exams (I may have a good memory though); I got 1st. It really doesn't require much work.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if it were so incredibly easy, then why did I get 11/20 for my first assessment task..? Thats pretty much the reason I want to drop.
Well, everyone did shit in that, wasn't the average 9? Btw, that's because they fuckin' marked it like a G6. Also, fuckin' study next time? Also, maybe you're just losing your magic, coz you didn't do too well in the prelims either... no offence.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I pretty much didn't do anything in class. We got a massive booklet with notes on everything possible and I basically just crammed the night before assessments and exams (I may have a good memory though); I got 1st. It really doesn't require much work.
In the state? Fuck.
mmmm.. still considering dropping due to my poor result and my total lack of interest in the subject
Become an atheist. You'll be heaps more interested. :p

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Take SORI - it's the easiest crap and will count toward your ATAR. I barely attended class because the teacher was rarely there himself and I just learnt from a textbook and some notes out of excel and ended up with 46/50 which in my opinion is a pretty poor effort in that subject considering how easy it is.

Catholic Studies will just be a waste of time.

clissold

HSC
Well, everyone did shit in that, wasn't the average 9? Btw, that's because they fuckin' marked it like a G6. Also, fuckin' study next time? Also, maybe you're just losing your magic, coz you didn't do too well in the prelims either... no offence.
yeahh the average was 9 hahaha, I may have beat it but thats still a pretty bad mark..

and study..!? Its Religion, I cant possibly be motivated to study for Religion.. BORING!

yeahh SOR1 was my worst prelim subject but ohh well, probs drop to Catho :)

Become an atheist. You'll be heaps more interested. :p
Nahhh man, Im good.. Catholicism FTW

what, all 8 of them?
No, just the two "worth while" ones.. Ive heard the other six are lil shitheads

Riproot has 8 children and is in year 12?

Keep going m8, you might get a world record for most children fathered.
I think thats his aim..

its a wonder he hasn't been on the news yet
let me guess riproot lives in penrith, mt druitt, campbelltown, blacktown, or riverstone (or near one of those)?
Yeahh, Campbelltown.. 2560 Reppin

wait, clissold is a dude? I thought it was a girl?
Hahaha, you'll never know..

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Please stay on topic. I don't want to have to delete nearly 80 posts again.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yeahh the average was 9 hahaha, I may have beat it but thats still a pretty bad mark..

and study..!? Its Religion, I cant possibly be motivated to study for Religion.. BORING!

yeahh SOR1 was my worst prelim subject but ohh well, probs drop to Catho :)
It's fine as long as you aren't ranked near the bottom.
This is why I barely study for anything lol
did you make an overview of what you were gonna do the night before or in homeroom? That's what I do for English sometimes and it helps a little.
I meant, you did bad for all the prelims lol
But yeah, don't drop sor1. You think it's gonna be nothing, but they still make you do work, and they won't just let you use the periods for study. I was gonna drop sor2 to catho and keep physics but they said it was too much and that i would be made to do work in catho anyway, just keep sor1 it's about the same workload and it can be used for a backup, there's no point doing catho when you cant use it for your atar or really anything.

clissold

HSC
Please stay on topic. I don't want to have to delete nearly 80 posts again.
hahahahaha.. was all the fault of "jaundice"

It's fine as long as you aren't ranked near the bottom.
This is why I barely study for anything lol
did you make an overview of what you were gonna do the night before or in homeroom? That's what I do for English sometimes and it helps a little.
I meant, you did bad for all the prelims lol
But yeah, don't drop sor1. You think it's gonna be nothing, but they still make you do work, and they won't just let you use the periods for study. I was gonna drop sor2 to catho and keep physics but they said it was too much and that i would be made to do work in catho anyway, just keep sor1 it's about the same workload and it can be used for a backup, there's no point doing catho when you cant use it for your atar or really anything.
mmmm.. I dunno, Im still considering dropping as it will give me more time to focus on my more important subjects

and I wouldnt call my prelims bad..

I ranked in the top 5 for English, Maths, Bio, Physics, PDHPE, came 6th in Chem, and 16th in SOR1..

Although the marks that everyone was getting were terrible

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
mmmm.. I dunno, Im still considering dropping as it will give me more time to focus on my more important subjects

and I wouldnt call my prelims bad..

I ranked in the top 5 for English, Maths, Bio, Physics, PDHPE, came 6th in Chem, and 16th in SOR1..

Although the marks that everyone was getting were terrible
Still keep it because it will be pretty much the same amount of work anyway.
I meant for the prelim yearlies.
I got top 3 in everything except chem and sor2 for yearlies :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)