Yay... (1 Viewer)

Felix: I

wasn't too bad now was it?
even i found it ok, so it must be ok.

and plus...a supervisor's mobile went off during our exam....what happened to the rule "No mobile phones allowed in the examination hall"???!!!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Felix: I
wasn't too bad now was it?
even i found it ok, so it must be ok.

and plus...a supervisor's mobile went off during our exam....what happened to the rule "No mobile phones allowed in the examination hall"???!!!
So it WAS a supervisor ...

Felix, that was hard ...

But it's OVER ....

Thank god ...

Stick-Mikko

Yer rofl
that was so funny
she almost fell over trying to get to it
it was all easy except for Q16 - The AM FM Telecommunications crap... i shoulda studied that stuff :mad:

fornar

HSC
i certainly didn't find that exam easy

it was completely different to other years i found anyway.

and what the hell is a bush??

that completely got me mmm maybe could have done more study

eagle4

HSC
N/A
it wa sdifficult for me cause our teacher didnt teach us half the stuff in that test, fo rexample, we studies fiber optics, not coax.

i just hope i passed by using general knowledge

eagle4

:torch: :teacher: :sniper:

fornar

HSC
yer we didn't get taught a few things that where in that test like the helicopter question. we did planes.

i just said how the blades are like that to make it even like to counter what the other blade is doing. so therefore it won't roll,

like i said i had we didn't get taught helicopters

Stick-Mikko

yer we didnt get taught that either... unless i wasnt listening
but i worked it out

its relative velocity
A move faster relative to the wind than B so B neede a greater angle of attack to produce more lift...

Stick-Mikko

yer we didnt get taught that either... unless i wasnt listening
but i worked it out

its relative velocity
A move faster relative to the wind than B so B needed a greater angle of attack than A to produce more lift as the velocity was lower...

fornar

HSC
LOL

mm i reacon a band 3 for the board of studies.

some of those bands on the standards cd where so off it wasn't funny

BOS:chainsaw:

manly girl

I found it hard. All the stuff I had never done. Again I just used general knowledge and business studies.

My school found it pretty tricky overall. Or not so much tricky, just .... gay .....

eagle4

HSC
N/A
my teacher said it shouldn't have been that hard.

with that helecopter question, you got it right, it is just relative motion, as when the blade is moving forwards (relative ot the chopper) its relative air speed is its speed + the speed of the chopper, but when it is moving backwards, its relative air speed is its speed - the speed of the chopper, so it needs to have a greater angle fo attack to produce the same lift.

i did it at TAFE :D

eagle4

cpd

As everyone's said, the exam was a load of shit.

Every teacher around here I've talked to that teaches Engineering has said that they couldn't believe it, it's all very good an exam for an engineer, but a student? Pah.

We studied planes too, not helicopters, so I made most of that section up. Telecommunications, we never did Coax either, or UTP, but based on what I know already I answered that. And concrete cancer? What the crap is that?

The "bush" I actually laughed out loud when i read it and got in trouble, then just measured things around the page that were the same size with scaling.

All in all, that was a mockery of a test. I can't believe they gave us that shit. If everyone in the state goes really poorly, the upper half will get marked up high. /me crosses fingers

eagle4

HSC
N/A
concrete canser is where the steel reinforcing in the concrete gets wet and starts to rust, as it rusts it expands, and thus breaking the concrete apart, it is incurable as once the steel starts to rust it keeps going

(our school is full of it :))

eagle4

cpd

0_o

Pity we never got taught that. Damn, time to file for misadventure. As it is, I had quite a lot to say to the examiners on the other questions we were never taught so who knows? I might get a big misadventure package because I whinged. Meh.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by eagle4
concrete canser is where the steel reinforcing in the concrete gets wet and starts to rust, as it rusts it expands, and thus breaking the concrete apart, it is incurable as once the steel starts to rust it keeps going

(our school is full of it :))

eagle4
So is ours, we were taken on an "incursion" to see it ...

Talked to my engo techer/marker today, he didn't like the test either.

Another teacher (this one writes the test) told us that 87 raw was last years top score, so don't beat yourself up just yet ...

cpd

And my teacher told me that only 11 people in the state scored above 90, after scaling. Ridiculous.

eagle4

HSC
N/A
we wernt taught stuff as well, about half that test :mad:
that think with the crane on the pontoon, i had no F**king idea how to even attempt that question....

eagle4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)