Sydney Morning Herald/Sun Herald taking things out of context? (1 Viewer)

NBGHHS

HSC
http://m.smh.com.au/national/education/internet-provides-a-bonanza-for-those-wannabe-hsc-cheats-20121014-27kyk.html

Despite the threat of being reported to the police or not receiving their HSC, students have been using the forum boredofstudies.org to exchange ideas on the best cheating methods.
Tips included hiding notes in underwear and taking frequent toilet breaks so notes could be examined in privacy.
A user named ''deswa1'' wrote: ''Cheating is actually pretty easy (at least at my school) if you wanna do it … Our supervisors are ancient old ladies who have no clue what's going on lol.''
I remember reading that specific thread in which they refer to and I am sure it was all in good, light-hearted humour. I believe they've taken it out of the context that it was a joke. I also reckon this is to blow negative publicity over students in relation to the HSC being a recent issue.
I think we've got to put a hash tag after every post saying '#this is a joke' before they take that out of context too.
Btw congrats deswa!! You're famous!

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: BoS - your one-stop destination for cheating in the HSC

It's front page news.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys there is little point complaining - the best way to prove that the article is wrong is to rise above and conduct yourselves with honesty and integrity. Best of luck for the exams!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
deswa1!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

damn i should get in on this

2xL

HSC
AHAHAHA DESWA1! Can't wait till he sees this !

deswa1

HSC
AHAHAHA DESWA1! Can't wait till he sees this !
I've seen it haha- its pretty funny tbh- been getting PM's and texts all morning- so out of context its bullcrap. And apparently it was on sunrise too

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, she clearly doesn't know what a joke is because her last article was clearly a massive joke (burn) and contained quotes from students that clearly were jokes too.
How can anyone take this seriously?
This what Australian journalism is people.
Ugh.

Louigi-222

HSC
I don't see why you would cheat, you are only cheating yourself.

Brett_P

HSC
The very scum of journalism, lowest of the lows...taking stress-releasing students out of context during jokes and publishing it, sensationalism! "This'll get the parents in an uproar, if they cheat what's the point!!"

It's all for ratings/purchases, McNeilage you are a second rate reporter and two-bit investigator, taking anything on the internet as fact is like looking for gold in horse shit.

deswa1, if your school tries to get you in trouble or you have any consequences of this, keep a report of the original comment if you can. We'll support you that it's a joke...these people need to watch Minority Report or something. It's not pre-crime heh. Acknowledging a possibility does not make one a criminal :)

Onya BOS, good luck today. Hopefully no one reads this because they are studying

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I woke up this morning and heard "Online sites have been sharing cheating tips for the HSC" on the radio and was like "lulz, probably BOS".

There's a discussion on 702 Mornings at the moment. This is fucking ridiculous.

Haidys

HSC
I don't see why you would cheat, you are only cheating yourself.
Because the HSC is just a game and does not determine who is more intellectual/has potential at all. If they want to throw unrealistic bullshit at us no wonder people feel the need to help themselves out a bit...not that I would, way too anxious to try anything like that.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Deswa XD Should come out and make a statement to the press :p

But seriously, this is just stupid....

shannan94

HSC
Just re-confirms my belief that the SMH is a paper on the decline in terms of journalistic quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)