Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Which Historical Period did you do? Which extended response option did you choose? How'd you find it?

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Persia from Cyrus II- Darius III. Question A was a quote from an inscription from Susa whilst Question B was one about subject people. I chose Question A since I felt you could talk a lot about it. It wasn't a particular tricky question, although you did have to relate to the Source every so often. I didn't find it as easy as Section II or III for Persia, but it wasn't particularly tricky or anything.

souljah888

HSC
questions?
[ In my opinion]... if the Athenians, through fear of the approaching danger, had abandoned their country, or if they had stayed there and submitted to Xerxes, there would have been no attempt to resist the Persians by sea.

Herodotus, The Histories VII.139

A) with reference to this quotation, to what extent was the Athenian navy responsible for the defeat of the persians in 480-479 BC?

OR

B) How effectively did Athens maintain control over its allies?

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Part A was an ok question. I talked alot about the structure of the sips and naval tactics and so..

cssftw

HSC
I think i did Q44 - fall of the republic

We had two extreeeeemeeely easy questions (relative to past years) --> but being the dumb cunt I am, I didn't study and ended up getting half the facts in my essay wrong/mixed up/switched around..... :S I dun goofed

suling

HSC
[ In my opinion]... if the Athenians, through fear of the approaching danger, had abandoned their country, or if they had stayed there and submitted to Xerxes, there would have been no attempt to resist the Persians by sea.

A) with reference to this quotation, to what extent was the Athenian navy responsible for the defeat of the persians in 480-479 BC?

OR

Thanks!

Those questions are pretty good. The quotation seems a bit unnecessary though.

musing

HSC

OR

I did question B. I was quite happy with it because I did a practise essay similar to this question.

It was worth the gamble because I only studied only on Delian League! I know NOTHING about the Persian wars.

MitJab

Premium Member
HSC
i was like YES ANOTHER POMPEY QUESTION for fall of the republic
I've being doing it all year for my trials, half yearlies even in class essay.
wrote 8 pages hopefully ill get 23+
I'll need to cos i choked on a 15 marker for ancient societies (stupid sparta!)

lockedbox

HSC
I did Greek world 500-440 and I chose the 2nd essay question on the league, it was almost exactly the same as a practice one I did and memorised. So i manage to gt 6 pages on it with lots of sources in next to no time at all.

Fake-Name

HSC
Persia - Cyrus to Darius III:

Anyone else do question B? I'm pretty sure I was the only one in my class to do it, which I found weird because I thought everyone would do it. I thought the Darius question was too restrictive to one king. Question B allowed you to discuss Cyrus - Xerxes.

HSC
Persia - Cyrus to Darius III:

Anyone else do question B? I'm pretty sure I was the only one in my class to do it, which I found weird because I thought everyone would do it. I thought the Darius question was too restrictive to one king. Question B allowed you to discuss Cyrus - Xerxes.
I did question B!!! Lmfao i was the only one in my class to do q B. We're rebels :) It was easier than A in my opinion. It allowed many more sources and discussion from Cyrus to Xerxes, hell I even mentioned Artaxerxes and Artaxerxes III (Ochus)

Fake-Name

HSC
I did question B!!! Lmfao i was the only one in my class to do q B. We're rebels :) It was easier than A in my opinion. It allowed many more sources and discussion from Cyrus to Xerxes, hell I even mentioned Artaxerxes and Artaxerxes III (Ochus)
Awesome! Hopefully it will be refreshing for the markers to read!

jessxxxr

HSC
my historical period was actually NKE amenhotep III-Ramesses II, and i really didn't study what those questions were about, wouldn't be able to write much, but thank god the other NKE period had such a good, general question on Amun, which i could write so much more for since i did Hatshepsut for personality so i already knew about that period, but i kinda rambled on a bit so i dnoooo how it actually is, but yeahh, luckily there was that question otherwise i would of been screwed!

Galladrim

HSC
Greek World 500-440 B.C. Question A

I loved it, I wanted to hug the examiners. Had written a 24/25 response to virtually the same question (the importance of naval battles) the previous week. I personally I am very interested in Salamis, so it made even easier.

anexasaved

HSC
I did the Augustan age, did the first question...was alright i guess but i ran out of time unfortunately! )=

Implying

HSC
I did the Augustan age, did the first question...was alright i guess but i ran out of time unfortunately! )=
I don't know why everyone did the first question, the second was so easy! It was:
Discuss how Augustus administered the Empire. (or something like that)
So good, I talked about everything from Senate, provinces, reforms, bit of opposition, military... got so many quotes in there too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)