Scholarships and 'Gap Year' (1 Viewer)

NJMORTIMER

Alchemist
HSC
Hi everyone!
I'm currently in year 12 and am planning on having a 'gap year' next year to travel and earn some money so I am eligable for Austudy allowance. I would like to apply for scholarships and am wondering whether taking a gap year affects whether I am eligable for them? Also, do I apply for scholarships this year and 'defer' them or do I apply for them in my gap year?
And just to make things easier :p I haven't decided on a specific university yet so does it vary between universities, if so which ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks,
Nathan

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
NJMORTIMER said:
Hi everyone!
I'm currently in year 12 and am planning on having a 'gap year' next year to travel and earn some money so I am eligable for Austudy allowance. I would like to apply for scholarships and am wondering whether taking a gap year affects whether I am eligable for them? Also, do I apply for scholarships this year and 'defer' them or do I apply for them in my gap year?
And just to make things easier :p I haven't decided on a specific university yet so does it vary between universities, if so which ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks,
Nathan
You apply for them this year, and then defer. That's certainly what Usyd does, but you might want to check with each uni. Also note that some unis don't allow you to defer scholarships.

(Incidentally, you'd be looking for Youth Allowance, not Austudy. Austudy is for mature-age students.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)