possible gap year options (1 Viewer)

incubus=awesome

HSC
hey every1,
In 2009 i thinkin of doin a gap year. At first i was thinkin of goin over to WA(western australia for those who dont no), but im thinkin of other places overseas, preferably some where that has a warm climate and has a coastline cos i'm mainly a outdoorsy type of person. If any1 could give me some ideas on possible destinations for a gap year, and what i could do in the gap year that would be awesome thanks. :)
Other ideas would also be welcomed, as im open to other options.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
gap years is good, relax, since you say you want to be where warm climate you have to say no to europe, try asia, i.e singapore or japan :uhhuh: when it comes to affordability try thailand, and there's so much outdoor activities to do

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
You can get some pretty cheap Jetstar International Flights these days, some of the "best" past fares include
-Kuala Lumper $199 one way (ex syd)
-Honolulu $249 each eay (ex syd)
-Thailand $299 (ex mel)
-Japan $199 (ex cains)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
apparently a couple of weeks ago a girl from work was telling me there was a deal going on where airfares to kuala lumpur were only $19. i said are you sure they were $19 (with the emphasis). and she said yeah only $19.

fuck me dead that was so cheap.

bleu

HSC
Hey, there's this organisation: Gap Activity Projects. They have programs for gappers, people between 17-25, in which you do one of the following projects in another country (one of 16):
- Community and Care - looking after disabled, etc
- Outdoor Education: Going on like adventure camps with kids (you would be like a camp leader) and u do heaps of activities, They have great ones in Canada.
- Teaching english as a foriegn language- name says it all, u don't have to have experience or anything. Cna b in Poland, germany, china, heaps of places
- Teaching - general teaching a subject overseas.

With all these u don't have to have teaching experience or whatever. The organisation is heaps trustworthy and gives u heaps of support. Its cheap to. THe projects go from 3 - 12 months.

I'm planning to do one in 2010. Can't wait! But check it out, seriously, i know ppl who've done it, they loved it. www.gapactivityprojects.org.au

Peartie

HSC
i went through them

they were ok....didnt always help when needed because sometimes my contact was away or what not...but generally good

And Europe in the Summer can be just as warm as Australia - I travelled Europe summer of 06 and had 35+ degree days 10 in a row - if i remember we didnt even reach that high in Sydney this year!!!

HSC
bleu said:
Hey, there's this organisation: Gap Activity Projects. They have programs for gappers, people between 17-25, in which you do one of the following projects in another country (one of 16):
- Community and Care - looking after disabled, etc
- Outdoor Education: Going on like adventure camps with kids (you would be like a camp leader) and u do heaps of activities, They have great ones in Canada.
- Teaching english as a foriegn language- name says it all, u don't have to have experience or anything. Cna b in Poland, germany, china, heaps of places
- Teaching - general teaching a subject overseas.

With all these u don't have to have teaching experience or whatever. The organisation is heaps trustworthy and gives u heaps of support. Its cheap to. THe projects go from 3 - 12 months.

I'm planning to do one in 2010. Can't wait! But check it out, seriously, i know ppl who've done it, they loved it. www.gapactivityprojects.org.au

Im going on one of their projects next year! Woohoo so excited!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)