Gap Year (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
i'm thinking of taking one before uni...

Pierotte

HSC
well im applying today meep! Fir oine of those tutor prorams

the thing is i dont know weather to say i wanna work with prep kids (primary) or senior... im stumped...

kaylz

HSC
senior. then you'll meet people. where are you going and which organisation are you going through?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I took a year off between uni and school, wish I'd done more with it though. I wanted to go and work as a Jillaroo, but I wanted to spend money more.

kaylz

HSC
i want to move to europe for a year, doing odd jobs, moving around and learning languages. then i'll go to uni either in england, nz, australia... who knows? does anyone else plan on doing an OE?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeh i dont think i'd be able to get back into study mode

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
alot of people ive talked to strongly recommend it. im undecided though.

kaylz

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
yeh i dont think i'd be able to get back into study mode
true... that's a concern, but if i fall into something that i love i guess i could forget about uni, oh and if i meet a super rich european man.

HSC
i'm having a gap year at the moment. not that i'm going anywhere, its more along the lines of working and sitting on my ass a lot.

Pierotte

HSC
Im doing it through tutors world wide (if i get accepted!!!), and I'm hoping to do it in a town, not a quiet regional area, in England. I decided seniors... i figured little kids will shit me after a while... theyre only cute for so long.

kaylz

HSC
Pierotte said:
Im doing it through tutors world wide (if i get accepted!!!), and I'm hoping to do it in a town, not a quiet regional area, in England. I decided seniors... i figured little kids will shit me after a while... theyre only cute for so long.
yeah... my mum's friend's son is doing something like this at the moment in a publis (private) boys boarding school in england. his job is to be like a mentor for kids between the ages of 14 and 18. i'd get so sick of looking after little kids too...

HSC
i think thats where one of my friends did it through, she's in england at the moment. they get the weekends off and get to travel to all these rad places like france and belgium in the holidays.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Well....i was on a GAP year last year and there are both advantages and disadvantages to working in a senior school. I was assigned the year 12 boarding house, so i helped out mostly with girls my own age, but there was a mutual respect thing there and i made some good friends, but you will have to be wary, some schools have issues with you being friends with the students which is ridiculous, i was very fortunate in that i got away with a lot because i was with the older students who were allowed out drinking, so i didnt get in trouble if i was out with them...but just depends where you are. evidently this year a gappie got sent home from where i was for getting caught drinking with a student so it depends. HOWEVER in senior schools you are more likely to get days off, i only worked 3.5/7 days so there is free time, where as a lot of my friends who worked in prep schools got one day off a week IF THAT, some only got one day off every 3 weeks and had to do different jobs, supervising bath time, packing bags, and they had to be up at 6.30 with the kids every morning but they finish at 7.30 pm where as i didnt finish till 10.30 pm due to later bed times.

hmm but still i think a senior school is the way to go..

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
I think this is an important reference to remember in regards to all gaps.

DONT FALL IN!

no matter what form this gap presents itself, if you fall in you will subside your coordinates of reality as you blissfully disregard gravity.

All this for a shitty t-shirt!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I wish I took a yr off I'm finding it real hard to stay motivated in my welfare course this yr at tafe, there's soooooo much work and it reminds me so much of yr 12. I still have a yr and a half till i get my dip. Then when thats done I might take that yr off. I guess it depends though on the time.

Tegz

HSC
Pierotte said:
well im applying today meep! Fir oine of those tutor prorams

the thing is i dont know weather to say i wanna work with prep kids (primary) or senior... im stumped...
teach lil kiddies... at least theyll idoilise u.... thinking bout the hell we put out teachers thru in high school... neva being a teacher..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)