• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the pill (1 Viewer)

hjp.

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
don't be stupid. the larger the boobs the better.

you sound like my boyfriend/.
i think he's the only one who appreciates it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Someone help... are all the active pills the same? I did something stupid this month and didn't follow the arrows, so I ended up taking the first active one, then went onto the last week. Only realised yesterday and then picked up where I left off.

I'm not worried about getting pregnant or anything; just want to know how much I've fucked up my hormones/body...
what brand tho?

if its microglygon, levlen, yasmin, juliet, diane and about 40 others.. then active = active

there are only 2 where tats different... sounds ok to me..
to be honest.. it wont harm you much if u did.. unless u get pregnant... then i have no control over the ppl ur with.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I'm not sure if it changes according to which type you are taking, but I'm on Yasmin and all of the active tablets are the same. If you turn the packet over it should say on the back.

EDIT: ^ oh:)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Microgynon 30. Yeah I remember reading the info pamphlet thing and the active ingredients, and thinking "okay so what's the big deal with following the arrows and labelling days?"

haha i won't get pregnant. Thanks. :)
tats so u wont forget :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Microgynon 30. Yeah I remember reading the info pamphlet thing and the active ingredients, and thinking "okay so what's the big deal with following the arrows and labelling days?"

haha i won't get pregnant. Thanks. :)
It's not crucial. It just makes things a bit easier. The amount of times where I can't remember if I've taken the pill or not is really bad, so all I have to do is see what day it says I'm up to.

~Natalie:)~

HSC
Is anyone on Yaz? I started it about a week ago and I was wondering what side affects you had so I know what could possibly have to look forward to.
thanks.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
When I was 16, I was absolutely fed up with pimples, and after trying all kinds of supposingly amazing face creams and cleansers, I decided to visit the doctor to go on the pill. My mum was completely against the whole idea so I had to do it in secret. The doctor prescribed be Diane, but being a tightarse I went on Estelle, which is just the cheaper generic brand. My skin cleared up amazingly and I felt confident going out with no makeup at all, but the downside is that I put on 10kg in about 2 months. My cousin had suffered a similar problem from going on the pill (for endometriosis though, so it was another brand) so mum automatically guessed what I was on and was not impressed.
After about year of beautiful skin, and bigger sized jeans (the pill had no effect on breast size, sadly), I decided to go to the doctor and swap. He put me on Yasmin, a really expensive product that was meant to also help pimples. I only used it for the 4 months, because I noticed my acne was returning and I was crying over the stupidist things. It was also really expensive and had no generic brands.
I decided to take a break off the pill so it wasn't messing with my head for VCE, but after starting a serious relationship I've returned to it. This time I'm on Levlen and it helped me lose 5kg, but has not improved my skin at all. I've also found that I can't skip periods on it. If I ignore the sugar pills I get really nauseous and bleed regardless, for over a week.
I'm thinking of going on the injection pill, as then I won't have to remember to take a tablet everyday. Have any of you had experience with that?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Been switched to yasmin as of yesterday. fucking expensive. hopefully it'll do more for my skin than diane did and not make me into such an irrational crying whore.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
i have no idea what name mine is supposed to be. i've been on microgynon, and now trifeme. it's really bad for my damn pimples...

hjp.

HSC
i'm on yasmin
it is expensive but its the only one i've been on so i don't know any different
plus, i don't pay for it anyway
i used to get the odd pimple, like every few weeks i'd get a pimple
usually nothing more than that though

since i've been on yasmin, i get nothing.
nada, nought, no pimples
ever

rozymisty

HSC
how much is it for yasmin??? Is it mainly used for acne?

Im on nornim, and oo just realised i have to go back to the doc this week. Ive had a few bits of small period even though i was meant to have 3 months of no period..but of coruse that doesnt work out does it.

Anyway my pill cost me $15...went to Chemist warehouse.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Its normal to get spotting when you are skipping your period for 3months.

Im on yasmin and I initially went on it for my skin, which has worked out fantastic. It is expensive, I pay $55 for 3 months and that's a standard price no matter which chemist you go to. If you are in a private health fund and are using it for your skin, you can get a letter from your doctor to say that's what it is used for, send it to your hf along with receipts and most will rebate up to half the cost.

Apparently there is a new form of yasmin called yaz, which has less of one of the hormones (i think its estrogen though i may be wrong). it gives you the same skin benefits and contraception but is meant to reduce side effects like bloating, withdrawal headaches and i think maybe spotting. Its just come out though and I think it starts at about $80 for 3 months and im not sure if that's rebated.

Skeeta

HSC
ok everyone in my office gets really bitchy on a tuesday. And i think i've put it down to the pill. I'm on the pill and mostly get my periods on a tuesday. So I assume most of these pill tgaking women do as well. Tension tuesday

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
rozymisty said:
how much is it for yasmin??? Is it mainly used for acne?

Im on nornim, and oo just realised i have to go back to the doc this week. Ive had a few bits of small period even though i was meant to have 3 months of no period..but of coruse that doesnt work out does it.

Anyway my pill cost me $15...went to Chemist warehouse.
its gimmick. ... i can feel it

the evidence isnt all in yet.. its on channel 10 news or like today tonight...

its OCP on a premium.. but thats how i feel about it..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Does anyone know if there are any pills that reduce withdrawal headaches?

I am on Levlen ED and the only side effects I get seem to be withdrawal headaches and feeling a bit nauseous/sleepy the first few days I start taking it after a withdrawal bleed.

Skeeta said:
ok everyone in my office gets really bitchy on a tuesday. And i think i've put it down to the pill. I'm on the pill and mostly get my periods on a tuesday. So I assume most of these pill tgaking women do as well. Tension tuesday
I think if you take it according to the days on the pack you get it on a Tuesday so yeah lol.
I tend to get mine Monday night/ Tuesday

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
melsc said:
Does anyone know if there are any pills that reduce withdrawal headaches?

I am on Levlen ED and the only side effects I get seem to be withdrawal headaches and feeling a bit nauseous/sleepy the first few days I start taking it after a withdrawal bleed.

I think if you take it according to the days on the pack you get it on a Tuesday so yeah lol.
I tend to get mine Monday night/ Tuesday
um the new yaz apparently. less dosage of one of the hormones. i just posted that ^

rozymisty

HSC
in regards to the headaches etc, that would be due to the hormones.

Id say it would be less oestrogen in the new one. Gee whiz, $80..thats a tad exy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)