The BOS HSC Workshop (Poll included) (2 Viewers)

Are you going?

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

Bacchus

HSC
This sounds like a great program. I just wanted to see who is thinking of attending.

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
hahahah mental blank seminars

the guy got 98 uai or something and is trying to teach us how to win at the hsc

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Lol no, not going - waste of money.

Sucks how much BoS resembles an advertising billboard when you reach HSC.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hi All,

Just to let you know that this isn't a Mental Blank seminar. It is organised by BOS.

It's a 1 day workshop designed to teach students how to answer questions to a standard required for a Band 6 response. The focus of the workshop is on technique rather than content, so it's relevant across all subjects.

We're trying to make it as affordable for students as we can, while adding in bonuses like a motivational keynote speech.

Also, I don't think many people know about the 50% refundable tax offset available under the Government's Education Tax Refund Scheme that is available for education expenses like this workshop. See the PDF link on the Workshop page.

Feel free to post any other questions here ...

Thanks

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey Everyone,

I'm Sophie and I'm helping organise the HSC workshop.

Just finishing the HSC myself last year, I know how some of you may feel towards workshops, that they are a waste of money and time. However, I
can tell you that this workshop is not just a "mental blank" workshop and it is infact very worthwhile as it is actually co-ordinated by the BOS, not just a company who is trying to make money out of the students.

Also, if you look at most other full day workshops they are charging up to $200, we aimed to make it alot cheaper for the students as we know for alot of parents there isn't alot of money to spare.

I would definetlly consider this opportunity as you will find out some valuable tips you can use to get the best marks possible throughout the year. I wish I could have gone to something like this last year.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask me here or you can email me; sophie@boredofstudies.org

Also to get the ball rolling we are offering the first 25 to register for the seminar free movie tickets!! So get in quick! :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
We're trying to make it as affordable for students as we can, while adding in bonuses like a motivational keynote speech.
What exactly is motivational keynote speech?

Also, I don't think many people know about the 50% refundable tax offset available under the Government's Education Tax Refund Scheme that is available for education expenses like this workshop. See the PDF link on the Workshop page.
I thought this only applied to parents.

Also to get the ball rolling we are offering the first 25 to register for the seminar free movie tickets!! So get in quick! :D</SPAN>
Do you know whether you are the first 25 to register? Not that it's going to affect my decision...

bored of sc

HSC
Just as it says. Motivational means encouraging others to do hard work/benefits/reasons for doing study etc. Keynote just means they are the main speaker of the day/session/usually speak for the most time.

I think.

yummy-cookies

HSC
It's rather expensive for something basically is designed to teach you how to understand/read questions, even if there are other more expensive ones out there.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If the BOS is organising it, I doubt that they will over-charge. As they said, they try to charge the least amount of money as possible. So the profit that they potentially would be quite little.

I might go just to check out what they have got on offer. But I will see how my schedule turns out.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator

*TAX REBATE

Do you know whether you are the first 25 to register? Not that it's going to affect my decision...
RE: Motivational Keynote Speaker:
A motivational keynote speech, is basically a person we have hired to come and give a speech to the students that is motivating. However, our motivational speaker is not some old man which alot of seminars have that drones on for an hour or so. Chris Bray is a professional adventurer, which is as cool as that sounds, and won the National Geographic Young Adventurer of the year. He is a really cool guy, and having seen one of his previous speeches, he really is motivating once you hear everything he has achieved and how he has achieved them!!
If you want to know more about him visit his site: Chris Bray: Australian Adventurer, Photographer & Motivational Speaker

RE: Tax Rebate:
The Tax Rebate does only apply to parents, so this will only applicable if your parents are paying for the seminar, so really it will only be costing them 50 bucks.

RE: Free Movie Tickets:
And you will find out if you are one of the first 25 to register when you recieve your registration confrimation email.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks to that link to the tax rebate you saved me $1500 haha. The issue that it eats up so much time on a saturday. Something like this would have attracted much more attention towards the very end of the holidays when everyone was preparing for school.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator

thanks to that link to the tax rebate you saved me $1500 haha. The issue that it eats up so much time on a saturday. Something like this would have attracted much more attention towards the very end of the holidays when everyone was preparing for school.
Agreed it may have been a more convieniet time, however we wanted to be able to inform the schools about the seminar as to inform all of year 12 in Sydney which we would not be able to do in the holidays.

I think it is a very worthwhile use of your Saturday though!

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey all, the first 25 movie tickets are now gone - thanks to all those that registered for the workshop.

Just to keep things moving, we'll extend the offer for this weekend only - so if you register for the HSC workshop before midnight Sunday 1st Feb, you'll get the free movie ticket as well.

Here is the link again ...

http://www.boredofstudies.org/HSCSuccessWorkshop.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)