Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Ok, so name me an animal with a combination of all these.
:)

HSC
Kwayera are you a vegetarian?

I'm just interested because my debates with other people about animal rights tend to be hindered by a lack of zoological knowledge.

exexex

HSC
It isn't evil cause evil doesn't exist. People are and what happens happens. But that is seriously fucked up. Fucking Vatican. They didn't excommunicate the step-dad who raped her either. Bigoted patriarchal religious bigotry at it's best. So much for "God's grace." Think twice before you send any money to those Catholic charities. They probably spend it all on gay hate.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
*go off on a tangent.
Just so you don't make an ass of yourself when you say it in public.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kwayera are you a vegetarian?

I'm just interested because my debates with other people about animal rights tend to be hindered by a lack of zoological knowledge.
No, I'm not a vegetarian, and nor do I intend to be at any point in the future.

:)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's surprising. She was raped, 9 and most likely at risk of death if she carried them. Tough call, even for Catholics

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Bullshit call, they're just trying to cover their own asses. If they condoned abortion in this instance, they'd be called upon to support it in all rape cases. Then they'd be called upon to support prophylactics in Africa, and then what would they have left to whinge about.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Certainly the Bishop couldnt condone the abortion, but excommunication in these circumstances is what raises the eyebrow

ZiggoCiP

HSC
Uhm... i would say this is evil if the family was forced to leave the country. I think them not being Roman Catholics according to the Pope, who is literally a glorified priest (do correct me if this is wrong, idk what his purpose is besides being... the Pope?).

The rapist ought to burn alive... no boil alive then have bacteria devour his flesh... but to be honest, being excommunicated from the CATHOLIC church aint evil... its productive for liberal religion!

Not really; but yeah, its fucked up what happend to the girl, but barely the end of the world the family and doctors aren't Catholic, even for them. I mean, where do they think they are; Italy?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Uhm... i would say this is evil if the family was forced to leave the country. I think them not being Roman Catholics according to the Pope, who is literally a glorified priest (do correct me if this is wrong, idk what his purpose is besides being... the Pope?).

The rapist ought to burn alive... no boil alive then have bacteria devour his flesh... but to be honest, being excommunicated from the CATHOLIC church aint evil... its productive for liberal religion!

Not really; but yeah, its fucked up what happend to the girl, but barely the end of the world the family and doctors aren't Catholic, even for them. I mean, where do they think they are; Italy?
You're a fucking idiot.
For starters, the Pope is the president of the largest organisation in the world and is the head of state for the wealthiest country in the world per capita. he creates decrees, reforms theology and is a source of spiritual guidance for millions of adherents throughout the world.
Secondly, excommunication is much worse for the family than simply leaving the church. Considering they probably believe in God and the afterlife, it means that they have effectively been banned from entry into heaven after they die, forcing them to spend eternity in purgatory or hell. In the meantime, they could well be ostracised from their heavily-Catholic community and possibly be on the receiving end for hate-crimes from over-zealous followers. The doctors who were excommunicated too, meaning that many Catholics will now refuse to see them, resulting in a steep loss of business.
Thirdly, just cos they have been kicked out of the Church, doesn't mean they are not Catholics.
Lastly, it is Brazil, not Italy, which has the world's largest popualtion of Catholics. Italy meanwhile does have a slightly larger proportion of the population that identifies as Catholic (both practising and non-practising) than Brazil, but considering the sharp and pervasive rise of secularism and agnostiscism in Western Europe, that will soon change.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah it was. "The girl's immature hips would have made labour dangerous"

Not to mention the internal problems and the possible bleeding at birth.

Abortion should only be used when its absolutely needed, and this is one such case it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)