Damn! I forgot about Earth Hour. (1 Viewer)

Deathwatch

HSC
There are so many other things you can do to conserve energy Earth hour is such a fad!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

this is this year's earth hour...
lol at luna park - its bright as ever

Venom.

HSC
Just a symbolic gesture really. Didnt participate, cause there's no purpose. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd turn off the power to industries.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Did anybody else too?

dont worry you can just sit in the dark tommorow night lol

whats the deal with it, are we meant to turn off stuff we dont use, or are we meant to turn off all lights and sit in the dark being sad for one hour.

i always make sure that i turn stuff off when im not using it/doesnt need to be used, but im not going to sit the dark for hours with no power and nothing to do.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
It was an excellent opportunity for looting imo

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
we didn't. nor did most of our street.
it seems a pretty feeble concept.

if turning off our lights for one hour once a year has that much impact, why don't we do something more powerful. this just seems like a load of crap ha

ya face

HSC
yeah my mum went around turning all the lights off and stuff, but the whole time i was still on the computer and watching tv, in candlelight

besides, did anyone know that the light created by the candle releases more CO2 than the production of the electricity at a coal plant?

random-1005

Banned
HSC
we didn't. nor did most of our street.
it seems a pretty feeble concept.

if turning off our lights for one hour once a year has that much impact, why don't we do something more powerful. this just seems like a load of crap ha

lol why dont we sit in the dark everynight FUN:p

ok, yes, i understand everyone wants to save the planet, and they they feel like they are making contribution to stop climate change and so on.... But there is a little problem, the concept of earth hour is not really viable (if we were to do it like every week), we cant just sit in the dark. I realise that having the lights off for 1 hr is better than nothing, but is it really worth the trouble. In effect, earth hour brings the whole world to halt for an hour, a whole hour of boredom and lost productivity.

greekgun

HSC
Just a symbolic gesture really. Didnt participate, cause there's no purpose. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd turn off the power to industries.
This
The government is hounding us to save save electricity and other forms of energy and have brought out all these rules we have to follow, when the resources households use is something like 2%. The government are just using us as a scapegoat when the real resources are being used up in industries. So government, get of our fucking back and spend our tax money on solar panels, wind stations and other energy generators which can actually help Australia out in conserving energy instead of wasting our tax money on stupid advertisement and education schemes to get us (household consumers) to save energy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)