How do I know if he's gay? (2 Viewers)

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
I have a crush on a guy, but my seventh sense tells me he may be gay. At first I didn't think so.

He talks in a female tone (not that his voice is high-pitched, he just talks like a girl lives inside), and he works out at the gym a lot (he's got huge arm muscles), talks about famous brands related to fashion and design that I don't even know of, screams when he sees a cockroach (not "argghhhrrr" like Arnold Swarzenegger but "ahhhhhhhhhh(gets softer and lighter in tone gradually)", and doesn't mind being single (he's 30-*ish) and thinks it's better being single, and talks to me about facial masks and how he takes care of his skin.

..is there no way to find out if he's gay except asking him straight out?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I have a crush on a guy, but my seventh sense tells me he may be gay. At first I didn't think so.

He talks in a female tone (not that his voice is high-pitched, he just talks like a girl lives inside), and he works out at the gym a lot (he's got huge arm muscles), talks about famous brands related to fashion and design that I don't even know of, screams when he sees a cockroach (not "argghhhrrr" like Arnold Swarzenegger but "ahhhhhhhhhh(gets softer and lighter in tone gradually)", and doesn't mind being single (he's 30-*ish) and thinks it's better being single, and talks to me about facial masks and how he takes care of his skin.

He might be metrosexual, just sayin'.

inhinyero

HSC
Re: How do I know if he's ?

Hahahaha! This thread is funny. Anyway, does he talk often about guys? Know his friensd.. is he surrounded by mostly men or women? But.. the best way i think is to confront him in a nice manner..

tussitussa

HSC
N/A

Hahahaha! This thread is funny. Anyway, does he talk often about guys? Know his friensd.. is he surrounded by mostly men or women? But.. the best way i think is to confront him in a nice manner..
He talks about movies. He loves scary movies but not comedies. I'm not sure if he's surrounded by mostly men or women, but he's too approachable as a hot guy (usually hot guys give off a "I don't give a shit about you" vibe but he's really down-to-earth).

SMP213

HSC
he could just be a pretty boy, he doesn't have to be gay to be interested in taking care of himself. i know a guy kinda like that, but he sooo not gay! :)

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
he could just be a pretty boy, he doesn't have to be gay to be interested in taking care of himself. i know a guy kinda like that, but he sooo not gay! :)
But he doesn't mind being single. I hardly know any guys who wouldn't want a gf. Besides, he's at a age where there may be a "pressure" to get married..and he still says it's better to be single? What the heck?

Oh, one thing to add..he sorta struts like a model when he walks. Not a typical "guy" way of walking. Sorta slides when he walks..it's sexy, but..I hope he doesn't just love men.

inhinyero

HSC

He talks about movies. He loves scary movies but not comedies. I'm not sure if he's surrounded by mostly men or women, but he's too approachable as a hot guy (usually hot guys give off a "I don't give a about you" vibe but he's really down-to-earth).
He could be a bi .ual then, if not g.ay

Last edited:

SMP213

HSC
you could ask him, but that would be awkward!
you could ask some of his guy friends, or you could try being more observant with how he acts.
has he ever reacted to a hot guy?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
  • Someone behaving in an [insert here] way does not mean anything as far as sexuality goes. That shit is about gender roles, not orientation, and we've moved past gender roles as well - tomboys, business women, stay at home dads and metrosexuals etc.
  • Someone liking guys does not necessarily mean they're gay and someone liking a girl does not necessarily mean they're straight. Bisexuals and bicurious persons exist. Similarly, not being interested in one gender doesn't mean they're interested in another. Asexuals do exist. So anyone else they do/don't like is entirely irrelevant; don't bother measuring his reactions to men.
  • Someone doesn't have to be gay/straight just because they're not interested. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean that you have a chance with a straight guy and just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have a chance with a gay one. Don't base your hopes on their orientation.
  • Someone being a given orientation doesn't mean that they're going to be at all interested in a relationship with someone of the appropriate gender. There is nothing abnormal about this, some people just don't want relationships and that's not just about you.

Summary: You know nothing about someone's orientation unless they identify themselves to you and even when you know that fact, it might not be at all relevant to the situation. What you do know is that he doesn't want a relationship and so I'd just run with that.

Last edited:

johony

HSC

almost sounds like me

hes probably straight, despite what societys conventions might tell you. and if hes 30 and actually gay he probably would've have made it very clear awhile ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)