Physics ONLY (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Hello, you might have seen me around the forums before. Well now that I've finished my HSC, I'm willing to offer my tutelage to anyone learning Physics.

I'm only tutoring Physics because it is my strongest subject, which I'm expecting a band 6 in. I myself was tutored in Physics and I can tell you from experience: The tutoring was a significant factor in my knowledge. That's not to say it was the only factor, but it did help out a lot especially when I didn't understand concepts (my teacher was.. not helpful).

My tutoring will be different than others because it will be based on the following principles:

• Year 11 knowledge is virtually useless.

• Until the last term of Year 12, your only goal should be maximising your assessment marks rather than rushing through the course.
    My tutoring institution rushed through two topics per term, leaving me struggling to keep up with my assessment work and my tuition work.

• One on One tutoring, or at least in small groups, provides two way communication between the student and the tutor.
    At tutoring institutions, it is usually a one way chat from tutor to student, and a lack of communication leads to all sorts of problems.

• Experiments are vital to the course, and cheating is not to be tolerated. I myself cheated in the first assessment and hence my overall mark suffered.
    I resorted to cheating because I underestimated the importance of experimental work.
    I made many other mistakes along the way too, all of which I've recognised and accounted for. These mistakes allow me to teach you what not to do, and how to be prepared.

• When an assessment comes up, all tutoring work will be 'suspended' and all focus will be on the assessment.

• I can only give you a push in the right direction, and give you all the material you need. If you don't put in the work yourself, don't expect good results.

• Nearly forgot this last one.
    HSC Physics is not real Physics. As such, lots of the time you'll find the explanations inadequate or dodgy. This is the consequence of poor syllabus writing by the Board of Studies.
    Now unless you're going to start an uprising against the Board of Studies, you have to learn to take the explanations for what they are. Do not question the syllabus.

As I mentioned before, I made quite a few mistakes throughout Year 12, especially in the first assessment. The penalty for cheating resulted in me being ranked 24/36 (if memory serves me correct), but I managed to pull that up to 7/36 by the end of Year 12.

My rates are only $20/hour, $30/hour for two people together. However, I will only give two hour lessons, as one hour lessons are not enough to teach what is required. The lessons will be planned beforehand, and any 'overtime' - extra time taken to finish the lesson - will be free of charge. My option topic was Quanta to Quarks but I am willing to teach Medical Physics and Astrophysics if needed. I live in Eastwood but I am willing to travel to a reasonable distance.

P.S. I will be able to help via MSN (I happen to be on 24/7) or if need be, via phone.
PM me for details, or email me on youngminiipp@gmail.com

Last edited:
HSC
I'd say go to him, not only does he know about the course, but how to guide others into the right direction towards success :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm, so you tutor it now :)

I imagine you'll be a very good tutor since you wouldn't stop raving about how good Physics was :D

lychnobity

HSC
What can I say? This guy understands what it's like to have shit teachers, how hard it is to have to learn for yourself, and the importance of hard work.

Despite the crapulence, he knows his stuff.

He ain't perfect, but he's perfect for physics tutoring.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
To put it in a nutshell, he is awesome. Awesome tutor, awesome student, awesome mate to be around with...and the list goes on.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Why havn't you contacted him already? You are wasting time by not getting his tutoring services!!! He'll pump your mark up ....

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Andrew's qualities:

1. Very intelligent.
2. Sets realistic goals.
3. Has a passion and love for Physics (even though I beat him by 2 marks in the Independent exam ;)).
4. Great bloke.
5. Has a blonde wig. I WANT ONE.

I highly vouch him. I've met him in real, and he's a great guy with an awesome personality. Highly recommended to all HSC 2010 students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)