Five teens die in worst smash ever seen (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
With all the photos and candles and flowers around the tree they crashed into, someone has written something on a goon bag and put it with all the candles

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Vic has restrictions (better system than nsw imo)

terminator69 its called physics

the power of a car is irrelevant when any crash above 80km/h is considered fatal, cars with 40kw can do 80km/h

99% of cars on the road could do 140km/h, falcon xr6s are not performance cars, they are standard falcons with a few extras and bodykit.

the father is a deadshit who should be lamenting the fact he had a moron of a son who thought being in a car doing 140km/h through melb was a good idea.

seriously who lets cunts speed while they are driving you? who does 140km/h while carrying 6 people!?!? darwinism etc

i do 180km/h+ on occasion, on deserted country roads, with the knowledge that if anything happens there is a 99% chance i will die, i dont give a fuck. would not do over 110km/h with passengers or if the conditions prevented it, such as driving in a fucking city

lol dumb cunts making p platers look bad again eh

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
140km/hr acceptable?????? that's bloody crazy and you know it. A car's bloody hard to control even at 120km/hr, let alone 140km/hr.:spzz:
that is because you are a bad driver.

I think that rather then governments doing crap like the whole 120 hour things people should be doing advanced driving courses and learning how to get themselves out of situations such as these. Adding more restrictions to young drivers is not the answer

William kamel

HSC
If you can't control a car at 120 then you should not be driving. Last time I checked I could do 140 from Canberra to Sydney using only my pinky to control the car.

Looks like ur gonna be the next statistic with that attitude.

William kamel

HSC
that is because you are a bad driver.

I think that rather then governments doing crap like the whole 120 hour things people should be doing advanced driving courses and learning how to get themselves out of situations such as these. Adding more restrictions to young drivers is not the answer
I wouldn't say I'm a bad driver, I would say that I'm a safe driver, the real bad drivers r those who speed in conditions that they aren't supposed to or ones that are drunk. Hence as u can see the end results are shown above.

Last edited:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
overseas in countries with no limits on some roads have lower crash rates speed does not kill bad drivers kill. On freeways you should be able to go over 120 pretty safely
I hate it how it is P platers get the bad rep i was driving the other day as a learner i was going 80 kmph and there was a P plater sitting behind me patiently two 4wd's overtook me illegally with about 3 cars behind me by driving on the wrong side of the road when there was a car coming the opposite way they missed him buy about 2 metres and they were fully licenced drivers!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
RWD Sixes are pretty dodgy cars for new drivers, they're only not banned because the local manufacturers would be spewin.

William kamel

HSC
overseas in countries with no limits on some roads have lower crash rates speed does not kill bad drivers kill. On freeways you should be able to go over 120 pretty safely
I hate it how it is P platers get the bad rep i was driving the other day as a learner i was going 80 kmph and there was a P plater sitting behind me patiently two 4wd's overtook me illegally with about 3 cars behind me by driving on the wrong side of the road when there was a car coming the opposite way they missed him buy about 2 metres and they were fully licenced drivers!
damn that's scary, especially for a learner driver:eek:

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
i have never really had a problem with large 6s
the power delivery is smooth
the power isnt overly great
stability is decent

sometimes i have trouble getting the wheels spinning

this one time, driving over a bridge in the rain with like really smooth bitumin, i stood on the brakes and accelerator at like 70km/h lol and wow lol

lol my hilux on the otehr hand wow so scary to drive above 80km/h

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Looks like ur gonna be the next statistic with that attitude.
I already am a statistic. For example I am a 23 year old male, earn $X, live in Canberra, etc etc. You really need to improve your phrasing.

For example I guess that you meant that doing controlling a car at 140km/h in Melbourne suburbs would be hard to do. Your phrasing however did not specify the conditions and so you were open to all kinds of comments ranging from mine to comparisons with 'unlimited' roads in the NT or autobahns in Germany.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
i have never really had a problem with large 6s
the power delivery is smooth
the power isnt overly great
stability is decent

sometimes i have trouble getting the wheels spinning

this one time, driving over a bridge in the rain with like really smooth bitumin, i stood on the brakes and accelerator at like 70km/h lol and wow lol

lol my hilux on the otehr hand wow so scary to drive above 80km/h
I have no problem getting them to spin but I have found the stability when cornering at high speed is typically mediocre. The key though is that drivers need to know their vehicle.

Anyone can kill themselves or others in any car. A charade is as much* a deadly weapon as an xr6, it all comes down to drivers being sensible and staying within the limits of their vehicle, the conditions and their skills.

*arguably more so

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
People tend to attribute accidents as much to driver responsibility as possible, saying things like all cars are equally deadly weapons, and it's all up to drivers to act responsibly.

It's some of the perverse risk management assessments people make, they like to pretend that risk can be completely controlled by personally acting cautious, or the mistaken exaggerated self-belief of young males in their ability to control a vehicle under extreme conditions (and conversely suffer exaggerated unrealistic fear of any small risk that may be out of human control e.g. sharks, terrorism).

Ignoring the reality, that say, electronic stability control has been demonstrated to reduce single vehicle accidents by over 50%.

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
If you can't control a car at 120 then you should not be driving. Last time I checked I could do 140 from Canberra to Sydney using only my pinky to control the car.
When i drove in NT, We drove in an XR6, sat on 200km/h. Never felt unsafe at all. I still think speed limit should be raised to 140km/h on Highway. All turns on highways have >=3% crossfall, this would compensate for the speed.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
u gon learn lots when u get into civil m8

the rta has very good reasons for setting speed limits lower (re: newell highway, 100km/h everywhere)

that said, i love going fast, the only thing that worries me is endangering other people, that is just cuntish

if the road is clearly deserted, fuck yeah.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
u gon learn lots when u get into civil m8

the rta has very good reasons for setting speed limits lower (re: newell highway, 100km/h everywhere)

that said, i love going fast, the only thing that worries me is endangering other people, that is just cuntish

if the road is clearly deserted, fuck yeah.
Yeah that's what i meant, obviously we only went 200km/h because the road was so straight that you could see 10-20km in front of you. Otherwise i don't endorse speeding.

I just feel that on a open highway speeds could be alot higher. I've seen compacted dirt roads where 100km is the speed limit, and you feel comfortable.

Yeah, i guess i will learn more when i do engineering lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)