Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I can't find a single verse in the Bible that would condemn an interracial marriage. There unfathomably strong reason (owing to the Bibles staunch stance against all acts of homosexuality as well as its description of "ideal" marriage) to think that it would condemn a gay "marriage".
Didn't you admit to not having read the entire bible???? WOOO gotcha there mate :music:

CecilyMare

HSC
The bible is flawed, and I'm sure once sometime and somewhere in the bible people misconstrued that interracial marriage was a sin, because otherwise why would they shun against such a thing. and I'm pretty sure they used some pathetic excuse like 'nawww it wasn't Adam and Shaniqua'

Name_Taken

HSC
I agree!!! We progress! We adapt! Just because some rule or law was relevant 2000+ doesn't necessarily mean that its relevant today.
As God is an eternal being, so are His rules. They are as relevant today as they were in the time of Christ, perhaps even more so, owing to the increased "freedoms" that so many people nowadays seem to crave and feel entitled to indulge in.

Edit: I mean you yourself name_taken (whats your name btw?) have stated that you agree with everything the bible says, though when I asked you if you would put a homosexual to death for sleeping with another guy, you said no!
Alex :) ...Wbu?

Um, theres good reason for that as well. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" as Christ put it.

I am just as guilty of sin and are just as deserving to be stonned as any gay guys is. I accept this however, and I don't take pride in my sin, I don't pretend it is ok, when I know it isn't.

Name_Taken

HSC
The bible is flawed, and I'm sure once sometime and somewhere in the bible people misconstrued that interracial marriage was a sin, because otherwise why would they shun against such a thing. and I'm pretty sure they used some pathetic excuse like 'nawww it wasn't Adam and Shaniqua'
Why not, instead of talking about things it would appear that you have no idea about, go read the Bible and make up your own mind? :)

It won't hurt you, promise.

Name_Taken

HSC
Didn't you admit to not having read the entire bible???? WOOO gotcha there mate :music:
Be quiet you... I'm almost there, like srsly ;)

I didn't want to say I have read all of it when I'm pretty sure I haven't, more like 95% though.

NewiJapper

HSC
But you scare people off from reading the bible, we don't want to end up like you with flawed judgemental ethics. We like to guide our morals, not have a book dictate them for us.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well stop attacking religion and the countercase before building up your own, that much should be elementry my dear Watson. All you have is 1) waa waa religion and 2) its not fair its not fair.
And your argument is "waa waa religion". I think fairness and freedom trump that eh?

You're the one asserting its not fair, you haven't demonstrated how by making it "fair" (using your teams opinion regarding fairness) it would actually benefit society.
It would benefit/end discrimination for part of society (gay couples) and not harm the rest. Laws have been made for less.

Yea because letting people do whatever they want and abandoning the moral foundations that made our civilisation great for the sake of our every hedonistic desire is like totally the best thing we could do for everyone, lets not remember that every action has a consequence.
It's been done before, without destroying society (like, uh, slavery? Which is not condemned in the Bible?).

Thats because, according to my moral guideline it is. As well as numerous other things that you almost definately would not consider punishable.
No way! It was a great analogy. It demonstrates that w/e you dress it up to be, a gay union will never (regardless what society pretends it is) be compatible with marriage.
Prove it.

Without using religious reasons/justifications/excuses.

I can't find a single verse in the Bible that would condemn an interracial marriage. There unfathomably strong reason (owing to the Bibles staunch stance against all acts of homosexuality as well as its description of "ideal" marriage) to think that it would condemn a gay "marriage".
Ah but it does condemn marriage between believers and non-believers. I love how you conveniently ignored that point :p

CecilyMare

HSC
Why not, instead of talking about things it would appear that you have no idea about, go read the Bible and make up your own mind? :)

It won't hurt you, promise.
i'm saying that the bible, like or moreorless AS a fictional book, is open to wide interpretation, and people from the past must have interpreted something to judge interracial marriage as being against God.

Is there something illogical about my assumption?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But you scare people off from reading the bible, we don't want to end up like you with flawed judgemental ethics. We like to guide our morals, not have a book dictate them for us.
Lol, I was meh before I read the Bible.

Then I started reading it (in year 7) and now I am an agnostic atheist.

NewiJapper

HSC
Kwayera said:

HAHA. Same. Scripture and religious studies was hell XD Get it...? haha Sorry that was a bad pun.

HSC

What exactly is an agnostic atheist as opposed to one or the other?

I would have thought they were mutually exclusive, i.e. one is waiting for more proof, before making a judgement about what they believe, but the other indicates a decision to believe there is no God/Heaven/Whatever.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
What exactly is an agnostic atheist as opposed to one or the other?

I would have thought they were mutually exclusive, i.e. one is waiting for more proof, before making a judgement about what they believe, but the other indicates a decision to believe there is no God/Heaven/Whatever.
are you a boy or a girl!!!???

Name_Taken

HSC
Kwayera, here are some of the passages.

Marriage:
- The first man was Adam and the first women was Eve. They were married, in first human marriage, conducted by God. This model marriage, was between one man and one women.

Gen. 2:18, 21-24 (NIV)
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

- Various passages relating to (ideal) marriage (God's plan for it etc.) always (as far as I am aware) refer to a wife and a husband (for example NIV, 1 Peter 3:1-5 etc refers to wives and husbands).

Ok, I’m not going to quote every passage that refers to marriage in this sense, because there are quite a few.

1 Peter 3:1-2 (NIV)
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behaviour of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

- There is no mention of homosexual unions, or homosexual marriage at all. As such it is neither expressly described as good or bad, it is ignored.

Sexual Practises:
- Sex outside of marriage is immoral (among other rules etc. - you're prob familiar with them anyway).

Some verses relate to sex outside of marriage (otherwise known as "fornication"), others relate to adultery, bestiality and group sex as well as a few other immorals.

I Corinthians 7:2 (NIV)
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

- The only form of sex which would appear moral, is between one man and one women, within marriage.

Hebrews 13:4 (NIV)
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

- Homosexuality (or to be specific, homosexual lust and homosexual sex) are condemned throughout.

There many Bible verse which condemn homosexuality, here are two.

(The somewhat infamous) Leviticus 18:22 (NIV)
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 (NLT)
We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

Marriage:
- The first man was Adam and the first women was Eve. They were married, in first human marriage, conducted by God. This model marriage, was between one man and one women.

The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

- Various passages relating to (ideal) marriage (God's plan for it etc.) always (as far as I am aware) refer to a wife and a husband (for example NIV, 1 Peter 3:1-5 etc refers to wives and husbands).

Ok, I’m not going to quote every passage that refers to marriage in this sense, because there are quite a few.

1 Peter 3:1-2 (NIV)
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behaviour of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

- There is no mention of homosexual unions, or homosexual marriage at all. As such it is neither expressly described as good or bad, it is ignored.

Sexual Practises:
- Sex outside of marriage is immoral (among other rules etc. - you're prob familiar with them anyway).

Some verses relate to sex outside of marriage (otherwise known as "fornication"), others relate to adultery, bestiality and group sex as well as a few other immorals.

I Corinthians 7:2 (NIV)
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

- The only form of sex which would appear moral, is between one man and one women, within marriage.

Hebrews 13:4 (NIV)
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

- Homosexuality (or to be specific, homosexual lust and homosexual sex) are condemned throughout.

There many Bible verse which condemn homosexuality, here are two.

(The somewhat infamous) Leviticus 18:22 (NIV)
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 (NLT)
We know that the law is good when used correctly. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.
Oh alex relax and live abit mate :haha:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Marriage:

So, uh, where does it say that Adam and Eve were married?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)