Soldiers are not heroes (1 Viewer)

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Shane admitted he wasnts to go a shoot things and people but he knows its just murder.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I honestly think you would struggle to find soldiers that enjoy killing.

We are essentially agreeing, not all soldiers are heroes. Equally not all soldiers are baby killing torture machines as has been made out by some in this thread.

the ADF employs over 50000 full time personell, out of that 50000 it is reasonable to assume that a cross section of society is represented. This includes thiefs, rapists, murderers and any other crime that you could reasonably expect to find in the Civlian world.

I can tell you this though, if a soldier returned from a contact talking about how much he enjoys killing and wants to chalk up a few more he would be in the Army for not very much longer. It is not an attitude that the Army Culture accepts.
This is a reasonable post I can agree with.

HSC
You have no facts to back up the claims you are making.
"The role of the Infantry is to seek out and close with the enemy, to kill or capture him, to seize and hold ground, repel attack, by day or by night, regardless of season weather or terrain."

Taken from Defence Jobs Army Rifleman job details

HSC
hey how come we invaded afghanistan
to save them from the taliban and terrorists
and their oppressive rule that limited peoples rights

and at the same time
introduced laws in our own country
that limited peoples rights

shouldnt we now
invade ourselves

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
australia has banned the latest 'Mortal Kombat' game

I want the US to bomb our censorship boards

HSC
"The role of the Infantry is to seek out and close with the enemy, to kill or capture him, to seize and hold ground, repel attack, by day or by night, regardless of season weather or terrain."

Taken from Defence Jobs Army Rifleman job details
The Infantry does not make up the entire Australian Defence Force.

The point is the ADF has far more options than 'murder'

HSC
It sure doesnt. But the majority of the rest of the ADF only exists to support the Infantry, boom try again.

HSC
hey how come we invaded afghanistan
to save them from the taliban and terrorists
and their oppressive rule that limited peoples rights

and at the same time
introduced laws in our own country
that limited peoples rights

shouldnt we now
invade ourselves
We invaded Afghanistan because we made no differentiation between terrorist groups and the Governments that harbor them...

HSC
It sure doesnt. But the majority of the rest of the ADF only exists to support the Infantry, boom try again.
Incorrect. The ADF is not centric around the Infantry, the ADF encompasses the RAN and the RAAF as well.

The ADF is obviously not green peace, they have a job to do. That job is not wholesale murder, simple as that.

HSC
i was wondering if you were going to pick up on that. technically the majority of the rest of the ADF still does (Army), but yes ok, same point can be made RE: rest of ADF. Majority of the Air force either exists to support fighter jets who are designed to kill or helicopters who are designed to kill or provide support to Infantry. Majority of the Navy exists to support Troop carrier ships who support Infantry or Subs that are designed to kill or destroyers that are designed to kill.

So as you can see, the ADF is made up of elements that are tasked with killing the enemy and elements that are tasked with supporting the fighting elements.

HSC
We invaded Afghanistan because we made no differentiation between terrorist groups and the Governments that harbor them...
Why dont we invade ourselves then because their are or atleast were terrorist elements living here.

Why dont we invade Pakistan and Iran and Libya and Columbia and Russia and England and the USA then?

Edit: lol their

Last edited:
HSC
why are these afghans fighting and dying, facing incredible odds?

we outnumber them 100:1 in their own land. with attack helicopters, gps guided artillery and stealth bombers. and they are fighting back with 80yr old bolt action .303s and home made bombs. why are they fighting the invasion of their land?

HSC
i put it to you

that these afghan 'terrorists' are heroes

because they are fighting to the death

in a hopeless war which they have no chance of prevailing, against amazing odds

for what they believe in

HSC
Why dont we invade ourselves then because their are or atleast were terrorist elements living here.

Why dont we invade Pakistan and Iran and Libya and Columbia and Russia and England and the USA then?

Edit: lol their
The reason for not invading Pakistan, Libya, Russia, and England is that the Governments themselves do not support terrorism. Even Gaddafi decided against supporting extremists after the U.S.A went to war with them.

The reasons that places like Iran have not been invaded are political as well as the fact that the U.S military is over stretched at the moment.

HSC
i put it to you

that these afghan 'terrorists' are heroes

because they are fighting to the death

in a hopeless war which they have no chance of prevailing, against amazing odds

for what they believe in
Just because they are terrorists does not mean they cannot be 'heroes' as well.

However the equipment they use is not quite as old as you make it sound. Some very high tech stuff has turned up in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

HSC
i was wondering if you were going to pick up on that. technically the majority of the rest of the ADF still does (Army), but yes ok, same point can be made RE: rest of ADF. Majority of the Air force either exists to support fighter jets who are designed to kill or helicopters who are designed to kill or provide support to Infantry. Majority of the Navy exists to support Troop carrier ships who support Infantry or Subs that are designed to kill or destroyers that are designed to kill.

So as you can see, the ADF is made up of elements that are tasked with killing the enemy and elements that are tasked with supporting the fighting elements.
I said it earlier.

The ADF is obviously not green peace, they have a job to do. That job is not wholesale murder, simple as that.

HSC
of so it is political ie they have a much stronger army so it is not worth it

but i thought we were fighting for our freedom, isnt our freedom to be secured at all costs?

another question

is our freedom any more valuable than the freedom of these people that we invade in the name of protecting our freedom?

freedomfreedom

also i am right arent i, the ADFs primary function is to kill, excellent that means its job is to enable murder

HSC
Just because they are terrorists does not mean they cannot be 'heroes' as well.

However the equipment they use is not quite as old as you make it sound. Some very high tech stuff has turned up in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...t-in-afghanistan/story-e6frf7l6-1226005180898

.303 lee enfield

and yes of course not all the equipment is that old, does it make my point any less valid, of course not

oh so terrorists can be heroes too, this is quite excellent

so all terrorists are heroes, its settled

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I agree. If some military force attempted to take over Australia or the USA, there absolutely, with no questions asked, would be massive/physical resistance by the people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)