Who else does debating? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I wanted to do debating this year, but my school couldn't find a third member and they didn't run it this year :(

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
I do MATHS DEBATING!!!!!

hey the thread practically asked for it

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Debated back in high school. Second speaker, either side, didn't matter.

One of my mates is an adjudicator now.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Always loved being 3rd speaker. Although I haven't debated in years.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sad, I've been in high school and haven't debated once. So many regrets...

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I've debated once. Was in year eight, year nine team was missing a second speaker and so I was put in. Nearly died. Palm cards got mixed up, my friends heard i was debating and sneaked in to watch and they were pulling funny faces and I cracked up laughing half way...
No wonder we lost... :cold:

annagurl

HSC
N/A
It's hard to do that when you're hella nervous and your friends are smirking at you, man.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Pedo stares... the whole shebang. I think they were purposely trying to throw me off for the lulz.
Other team was not happy when I burst out laughing for the second time at their third speaker who had a lisp.
I don't know what came over me... i'm normally not that mean. But... I misheard a word, don't remember what it was and it was funny in that context and yeah...

RANK 1

HSC
never done debating but i wonder, cud u just fuck the palm cards and improvise instead

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sly, I love it when you go to a school that gives you good food. One time I went and there was all this awesome hot food.

I miss in jnr school where when you missed class for debating you wouldn't have to catch up. But I always wanted to do debating and can't believe I waited so long to pick it up! Should have done it from Yr 7.

Gigacube

HSC
I have never debated. I watched a few last year and it kind of sparked my interest.
Our school only has 2 teams per grade. :/

annagurl

HSC
N/A
good food? what? where?
We had like instant coffee, cheap biscuits and that sorta crap

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Sly, I love it when you go to a school that gives you good food. One time I went and there was all this awesome hot food.

I miss in jnr school where when you missed class for debating you wouldn't have to catch up. But I always wanted to do debating and can't believe I waited so long to pick it up! Should have done it from Yr 7.
Yeah, there would be good food. Or when we got to a final of a regional competition and there was a whole table of *excellent* food.

That or my teacher would just shout us all Maccas/KFC meals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)